At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
Industry Thought Leader - Life Sciences
Job location: This is a remote position. You can work from home and be located anywhere in Canada or USA
About the team
Reporting to the VP of Industry Outreach and Thought Leadership, an Industry Though Leader is responsible for positioning Kinaxis as a leader in supply chain planning/execution and analytics in one or more specific industries. S/he will identify relevant trends and market inflection points, evangelize externally in both writing and speaking, drive an industry-first vision internally, and engage key customers, partners, as well as industry and academic experts.
Working closely with relevant forums within the supply chain, industry and analytics communities, this thought leader will stay abreast of current and future opportunities for Kinaxis. Partnering with peers, s/he will share responsibility for representing our credibility by serving as a recognized expert with deep industry expertise in one or more verticals, in order to translate the dynamics of supply chain planning and execution within that industry. S/he will also collaborate with peers to tailor a targeted approach to life sciences.
The successful candidate will play a critical role in advancing external views into Kinaxis, while positioning Kinaxis as a leader with industry leaders and others in supply chain and beyond.
This priority focus for this position will be to carry out these responsibilities with a particular emphasis on life sciences. The individual will participate in events like those organized by LogiPharma and be able to speak to the unique needs of customers facing regulatory challenges, managing expiry, attribute-based planning, etc.
What you will do
- Represent Kinaxis publicly as a recognized content expert in supply chain and analytics, including responding to press inquiries.
- Give innovative and thought provoking presentations and participate in panels and workshops at leading industry events focused on health care and life sciences.
- Write thought leadership pieces in the form of blogs, white papers, social media posts, etc. on topics related to supply chain and analytics, particularly focused on life sciences and health care.
- Encourage and promote peer-to-peer and company-to-company networking at both Kinaxis-sponsored events and within the professional community of supply chain and analytics in life sciences.
- Collaborate with peers and help drive an industry-first approach to life sciences leading an Industry Council.
- Actively participate in relevant research communities within academia and beyond to keep topic area knowledge current and share experiences both internally and externally.
- Be a voice for CSCOs back to our internal teams – represent the top challenges and top priorities of our leading executives to ensure our products and messaging stay focused on the right issues.
- Consult at a credible peer level with key customers occasionally, as appropriate.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; Masters preferred.
- 10-15 years’ experience, preferably working as a practitioner in a senior Supply Chain management role, although experience may include combination of practical experience and consulting in Supply Chain.
- Recognition as an expert in supply chain management in life sciences, preferably with a focus on supply chain planning.
- In-depth understanding of issues on the minds of supply chain executives and senior leaders, as well as the business value of supply chain and the alignment of business and supply chain strategies.
- Strong writing skills and experience communicating messages via blogs, white papers, etc. for external audiences.
- Excellent presentation skills to audiences large and small.
- Experience and skill using social media to communicate ideas.
- Ability to take a position, based on facts, and support that position, both externally and internally, with clear analysis.
- Outstanding communication and reflective listening skills and the ability to adjust message as needed.
- Ability to work as an individual contributor with limited administrative support.
- Ability to identify how changing technologies (e.g. IOT, AI/ML, Industry 4.0) will impact supply chain planning and execution in one or more specific industries.
- When feasible, ability to travel up to 70% of the time, within North America as well as internationally.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate both with peers as well as C-level executives.
- Energetic, Sales savvy
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. Accommodations are available upon request for applications in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.