The User Experience Director leads our most complex and innovative projects, creating connected brand experiences and services. It’s important for this role to understand the behaviors and needs of the consumers for which we’re designing
The work includes digital strategy and interaction design across any touchpoint - web, mobile, social, tablet, in-store, and emerging platforms. The User Experience Director monitors our projects from the very start. They oversee interdisciplinary teams through research, strategy development, concepting, product definition, and design.
This role will be a strategic experience owner, a team player, and a skilled client partner all rolled into one. The ideal candidate will be decisive and excited to lead their team forward - someone who will never tire of pushing the work to be better. A naturally curious person that looks to learn from and apply the best design processes, that keeps on the bleeding edge of technology innovation, and is obsessed with bringing the user’s voice in at every opportunity
In addition to project work, the User Experience Director will help to shape the User Experience department, manage and mentor other interaction designers, play a major role in business development and represent K+C Connect externally at speaker events and in written publications.
- Conduct interviews, competitive research, design explorations, and strategic analysis
- Facilitate workshops with various teams and stakeholders
- Create interactive experiences that are useful to users and promote our client’s businesses
- Identify key ideas to drive projects and how to implement them in multiple channels
- Provide deliverables including prototypes, proof of concept documents, wireframes, user flows, use cases, and user scenarios
- Present various aspects of the user experience to development teams and clients
- Track and monitor progress on development and quality of the experience
- Identify and understand the client business context, demands, and opportunities
- Coach and mentor teams and clients to best apply Human-Centered design principles
- Responsible for finding the optimum balance between the different elements of a digital execution that has multiple components
- Comfortable and open to providing and receiving feedback while knowing how and when to defend design choices
- Collaborate closely with the Creative Director
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- Experience creating amazing interfaces, large-scale websites, or applications and pushing the boundaries in interaction design
- Experience leading interdisciplinary teams in designing experiences and services that balance innovation, user value, and technical and operational viability
- Experience interfacing with teammates and stakeholders across departments, anticipating the needs, concerns, and inputs.
- Experience working directly with senior and enterprise-level clients
- Strong presentation style and visual communication skills—you should be excited about your work and know-how to spread that enthusiasm
- Experience practicing a data-driven approach to Experience Design
- Exceptionally organized and able to switch between different projects in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in underlying interactive technologies, such as web and mobile
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.