Kin + Carta is a digital transformation organization. As one of the key strategic pillars, Kin + Carta Connect is a full-service digital agency that strategizes, designs, builds, implements, tests, and optimizes world-class, global, and multi-channel experiences.
As a Creative Director, you are a talented and driven design leader who partners with technology to make gorgeous, ground-breaking work that solves problems. The Creative Director will work with a cross-functional team to conceptualize and design digital experiences, providing business solutions for our clients with evolving craft, imagination, and leadership. As a Creative Director, you will be integral to help deliver, implement, and inspire high-quality digital design solutions for a wide range of exciting projects, from conceptual stages to visual design, prototyping, and final delivery.
The Creative Director will further work with the leadership team to continuously seek opportunities to improve and evangelize the practice and discipline of Visual Design. They will be outward-facing among the broader internal company and client and inward-facing in the form of sharing your work with others within the company. Kin + Carta prioritizes high-quality output of design through brand and experience, and the team relies heavily on its members to improve the quality when needed.
Candidates should be creative and imaginative thinkers, have a passion for digital, and be dedicated to producing exceptional, cutting-edge work. Confident in their ability to design creatively with an assured style, the Creative Director will push the boundaries in any medium.
We’re looking for an individual with strong initiative who will confidently represent their ideas and lead with passion.
- Oversee the scope and plan of the creative process
- Translate client business and brand goals into innovative, meaningful, and differentiated creative experiences throughout our projects
- Shape and shepherd the vision for every project by working closely with the team of creative professionals
- Closely oversee Lead, Senior, and Associate Designers in their efforts to produce design deliverables through collaboration, internal critiques, and one-on-one touchpoints
- Mentor the creative team through check-ins, setting goals, and support the achievement of positive career development
- Encourage a healthy and positive work environment
- Report to the Connect Design Lead for major decisions and approvals while using independent and professional judgment to manage the day-to-day details of projects
- Serve as a liaison between the creative team and clients
- Maintain a presence in the industry and fosters outside relationships to build a creative ecosystem and trusted network of creative service partners and contract talent
- Work with the Creative Resource Manager on resourcing and project management, including planning new projects and adjusting resources as necessary on current projects
- Maintain successful client relationships, anticipating clients’ needs before they do
- Educate and include client through the creative process
- Respectfully and intelligently challenges senior members of the team AND clients for the betterment of the work
- Knows when to protect the team from client noise and when to involve them
- Maintains positivity and encourages team, especially during challenging projects
- Internalizes all aspects of a project and approaches design strategically
- Leads by example, balancing hands-on design with creative mentorship
- Strategically develops and adapts designs to account for research findings and business goals
- Shows patience and confidence when mentoring team, but honesty and firmness when they’ve missed the mark
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- Experience leading teams in interactive/UX design/brand development/strategy
- Superior verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- Deep understanding and awareness of user-centered design methodologies and the product development process
- Experience planning, designing, conducting and synthesizing design research
- Discretionary skill, ability to manage and maintain confidential information and discussions
- Current understanding and advocate for industry best practices and tools
- Bachelor of Fine Arts degree
- Experience building relationships and trust with clients through fine-tuned communication and presentation skills
- Organized and methodical; always has an action plan for the team
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Previous experience leading a Visual Design team
- Deep understanding of how to work with UX counterparts and can show examples of successful partnerships.
- Previous experience facilitating workshops and other client exercises that provide knowledgeable translation from client need to team direction.
- Previous experience managing staff across multiple projects
- Able to scope work before it begins, and adhere to scope throughout the project.
- Is a kind, generous Creative that always puts the team before themselves and strives to make world class design, every time out.
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.