Due to success and growth, Kin + Carta is expanding its accounting and finance function and adding a Staff Accountant to the team. This position will report directly to the Director of Finance and have the unique opportunity to help develop sound accounting practices, continue to build out the accounting and finance function of Kin + Carta and help drive the support for reporting. The ideal candidate will be passionate about helping Kin + Carta achieve its goals and have a desire to continue to develop their own technical and soft skills with the support of a great team.
At Kin + Carta, we have created a culture that empowers continual learning and an environment that fosters innovation and creativity. We bring together servant leaders who love what they do and believe in the future of the digital, connected world. As a company, we empower disruption by enabling our clients to innovate quickly. We marry innovative strategy with beautiful, human-centered design and precise engineering.
- A positive attitude and someone who can contribute to an excellent culture
- Proactive mindset and ability to improve processes
- Desire to grow and develop in many areas of Accounting & Finance
- Advanced Excel skills, being hands free of the mouse a big plus
- Fundamental understanding of GAAP and IFRS
- Demonstrate initiative and want to make a difference
- 1 - 4 years of relevant experience with a focus on General Ledger ownership and financial reporting
- Familiarity with group level reporting packages
- Experience with consolidations, subsidiary, and international offices a big plus
- Proficiency with accounting software
- Ability to quickly reprioritize in a constantly evolving environment
- Taking ownership of invoicing and coordination with Operations Team
- Month-end Close, Financial Statement preparation, Journal Entries
- Assistance with monthly and quarterly reporting package
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Ad Hoc reporting
- Provide recommendations to management with through analysis
$42.00 to $52.00 an hour for contracting. $62,000 to $72,000 for full-time salary at time of conversion.
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves everyday. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.