Consistently ranked as a Best Place to Work, Kin + Carta's Denver office, formerly Spire Digital, is a 22-year old custom software development firm & digital transformation company. The organization serves an international clientele from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies. As B-Corp certified organization, we strive to create progress in the world of technology while prioritizing the commitment we've made to investing in our people and the planet.
We are seeking passionate and creative Principal, Delivery Lead to join our talented team! You will be working on client-facing projects with Fortune 500 companies in the enterprise software ecosystem. Delivery Leads are accountable for delivery success: including quality, consistency, methodology, team leadership, and client success. They collaborate heavily with Client Leads on strategy and opportunity.
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- Comfortable leading multiple project teams
- Have effectively managed a large budget while keeping deliverables on time and within budget
- Have worked as a consultant and understand how to become a trusted advisor to your clients through transparency and authenticity
- Easily understand client motivations and show your commitment to client timelines, key dates and deliverables while challenging the status quo
- Have a keen eye for delivery issues and risks, and a sense of urgency for removing blockers and driving continuous improvement
- Know when to escalate and how to communicate issues and risks
- Understand healthy team dynamics and know how to coach and grow a high-performing team
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- 6+ years of technology project delivery experience, program management, management consulting and business or strategic operations
- 6+ years of Agile Delivery experience leading engineering-focused programs that deliver value to large enterprises. Agile certifications are a plus
- Mastery of Agile Scrum roles, artifacts, and ceremonies and able to communicate and teach processes effectively to teams
- Experience working with project management software
- Experience delivering projects in multiple industries, geographies, and technology
- Ensure understanding of program goals and expectations, address misalignments, and enable team to meet/exceed the agreed-upon expectations
- Cultivate partnerships and oversee relationships with third-party vendors and subcontractors
- Develop strategy for governance and tracking of delivery performance to ensure desired outcomes across projects
- Leading 1-2 cross-functional agile product delivery teams for enterprise products based upon the agreed upon terms
- Owning the project roadmap and facilitating Agile release planning to deliver software on time and on budget
- Driving and facilitating all necessary team meetings (standups, release planning, status reviews, internal leadership alignment, etc.)
- Supporting the Product team on requirement definition and Jira tasks
- Identifying, managing, and mitigating project issues and risks that could interfere with the team’s ability to deliver software
- Running regular delivery health checks and preparing progress tracking and communication material for multiple audiences
- Proactively managing impediments and obtaining buy-in from senior management for critical recommendations and changes
- Gathering and analyzing large amounts of information quickly in order to problem solve and drive decision-making effectively
- Partnering with the Client Lead to support team morale - a happy team wants to grow and succeed
- Ensure team maintains focus on continuous delivery and identifying areas of opportunity for continuous improvement
- Participating in individual 1:1s with the delivery team as needed
- Coaching the team on delivery controls to minimize risk
- Facilitating cross-office delivery collaboration as needed
- Managing and growing client relationships at a strategic level
- Participating in stakeholder reviews with support from the Client Lead and Managing Director
- Being the coach and all-around advocate for the Agile best practices amongst client stakeholders
This is a full-time, regular employment position with benefits. The salary range offered for this position is $90,000-$156,000 annually, DOE. Benefits include unlimited paid time off, three healthcare plan options, two dental plan options, a vision plan, an annual training budget, a remote office stipend, flexible working hours, weekly virtual yoga and more.
This position is US based and can support remote working
About Spire Digital (Kin+Carta Denver)
Spire Digital is a Denver-based digital product development firm that transforms business through design and technology. For over 20 years, we've provided strategic consulting, user experience design, custom software development, DevOps, digital marketing, and staff augmentation to the world's top companies. Whether web, mobile, IoT, wearables, AR/VR, AI, or blockchain, Spire helps startups and enterprises succeed at the art of innovation. Spire's services are geared toward the product and innovation needs of our clients, resulting in business-critical applications that seize opportunities to increase revenues, operational efficiencies, market share, and customer satisfaction. AT&T, Berkshire Hathaway, DaVita, Dish Network, Experian, Inspirato, Lockheed Martin, MillerCoors, Rent-A-Center, Starz, USDA, US Navy, Western Union, and many others rely on Spire’s expertise to develop industry-leading digital products that further overall business objectives. Spire has also worked with more than 400 technology startups. https://www.spiredigital.com/
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.