Kin + Carta is an innovation and emerging technology firm that helps Fortune 500 companies seize new opportunities through world-changing digital solutions. As strategists and consultants, we help organizations evolve their digital strategy to solve mission-critical problems. As designers and developers, we build incredible hardware and software solutions that transcend a standalone product and transform an organization’s relationship with its customers.
Kin+Carta is looking to hire a Data Protection Officer to join our connective digital services team. If you are innovative, passionate about data protection, and look to continually learn and enjoy sharing expertise, read on!
The Data Protection Officer will bring enthusiasm, commercial expertise, and pragmatism to supporting the Chief Data Protection Officer in reviewing, maintaining, and continually improving Data Privacy standards to ensure and demonstrate compliance across our global footprint. The data protection team is a client facing function and the individual should be comfortable liaising with client and regulatory legal and privacy teams. More business will be won based on a privacy first basis moving forward and the ability to illustrate and demonstrate to current and prospective clients our commitment to privacy and security will be an advantage.
Knowledge of our market sector and the regulatory guidelines that impact it globally will be an advantage to the candidate.
- Manage structured compliance reviews within the Kin and Carta businesses and develop action plans for appropriate areas where required.
- Managing periodic audits of data protection compliance within the company and identifying actions necessary for remediation. Devise, implement and monitor policies that comply with legislation and amend as appropriate subject to changes in legislation as they occur.
- Ensuring that requests from data subjects are dealt with promptly and in compliance with applicable privacy law.
- Assist the Chief Data Protection Officer in responding to all privacy matters asked by external regulators, auditors and clients.
- Provide appropriate advice and interpretation of the provisions of the appliable legislation as they impact the company’s activities in general and/or specific functions across all service lines and business units.
- Maintain the general data protection training programme within the company and delivering ad-hoc awareness and in-depth training as necessary.
- Ensuring that the company’s notifications to appliable data protection authorities are maintained, up to date and accurate.
- Keep up to date with amendments to data protection legislation.
- Comply with Information Security requirements at all times.
- Any other Ad Hoc duties as and when required within the field of data protection, information security and other relevant topics,
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Clear & capable communicator able to share knowledge effectively with individuals within the organisation.
- Presentation skills.
- Effective influencer, encouraging and supporting changing/evolving environments.
- Maintains high attention to detail.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain a high degree of confidentiality, integrity, trust and credibility.
- The ability to remain calm, controlled, and resilient under extreme pressure.
- Collaboratively work with internal and external parties with the ability to handle challenging relationships with diplomacy and balance.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to drive change and improvements throughout the Connective.
- Ability to balance multiple projects across a wide range of disciplines.
Knowledge And Experience
- Understanding of the UK GDPR, PECR and European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- A compliance, IT security, legal or audit background.
- Previous experience in a similar type of role
- Knowledge of cybersecurity risks and other information security standards.
- Knowledge or experience of global data protection, particularly federal and state US laws would be advantageous.
Key Work Partners
- Connective CDS & Defence Team
- Suppliers and Clients.
- Connective Operations Teams
- All Connective Staff and Contractor
Being a ‘Kin’ has its benefits:
- Personal training budget;
- Mentorship program;
- Additional days of paid vacation;
- Family premium health insurance;
- Lunch budget;
- Internet budget;
- In-house English lessons;
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves everyday. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.