Kin + Carta is seeking a Junior User Experience Designer to join our incoming Kin Academy class of 2021. This Junior User Experience Designer will complete a rigorous curriculum designed to prepare them for work with our clients. Upon completion of the 2 month curriculum, this Junior User Experience Designer will help us design amazing experiences for our Fortune 500 clients and their customers. Successful candidates will be self-motivated and hardworking with strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to multitask and prioritize. We will have multiple openings for Kin Academy Class of 2021 starting September 2021.
Kin Academy is a 2-month intensive curriculum designed for new college graduates looking to start a career in digital technology consulting. The User Experience Designer curriculum is split into 3 tracks:
Core Curriculum: In addition to welcoming the Kin Academy class of 2021, this discipline-agnostic track will introduce students to working in digital product consulting. Junior product analysts, developers, and designers will attend the core curriculum together, covering agile best practices, customer experience driven design, consulting 101, and other core knowledge areas that will put students on the track for a successful career at Kin + Carta.
UX Design Curriculum: The following two weeks will upskill Junior UX Designers in their role delivering digital products with agile delivery teams, touching on topics like Kin + Carta Design best practices, Working with Product, UX Research, Presenting Wireframes and Comps, Modern Interaction Design, and more. Content in this track will be specific to the responsibilities of UX Designer (UX Design and UX Research).
Practical: With support from senior leaders in digital product consulting, the Kin Academy class of 2021 will deliver real working software for one of Kin + Carta’s top clients. The team will work together with other Kin + Carta team members, applying what they learned during the Core and Functional curriculums to deliver value to a real client. Upon completion of the Practical, Kin Academy students will graduate and will join other teams around the firm to apply their knowledge on a variety of projects.
- Consulting with Fortune 500 clients
- Leverage UX research insights
- Communicate your ideas to clients and teammates visually
- Design concepts and wireframes for interactions
- Understand and organize complex sets of requirements
- Promote modern interaction design patterns and best practices
- Work with cross-functional teams to build and test your digital experiences
- Coach teammates and clients on their understanding and implementation of design practices
- Collaborate with experts in design, research, software engineering, quality assurance, technical architecture, and product strategy
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- A bachelor’s degree in art, design, or related field or technical bootcamp
- Demonstrated excellence in interactive design, information architecture, and translating research into design decisions
- Able to manage your own time on single or multiple projects, whether working independently or collaboratively with a team
- Confident in presenting work and articulating user experience issues and concerns to team members and stakeholders
- Empathetic with the business and client when constraints are present
- A portfolio of work proving your visual design ability with platform guidelines (iOS, Android) and responsive web design
- Proficient in design tools such as Sketch and Adobe products and prototyping tools such as InVision and Proto.io
- Experienced in Agile, lean, or other iterative product development approaches (design sprints, scrum, kanban)
- 2+ years of experience (inclusive of internships and upper level college courses)
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.