Kin + Carta is an innovation and emerging technology firm that helps Fortune 500 companies seize new opportunities through world-changing digital solutions. As strategists and consultants, we help organizations evolve their digital strategy to solve mission-critical problems. As designers and developers, we build incredible hardware and software solutions that transcend a standalone product and transform an organization’s relationship with its customers.
Kin + Carta is seeking a Senior CMS Developer who is excited about development within the emerging technology ecosystem. You will be working on client-facing projects within Fortune 500 companies in the enterprise software space.
Solid communication skills, a servant leadership attitude, a love of learning and an analytical mind are a must
The Senior CMS Developer is responsible for leading Spire's marketing-tech practice. This person will be responsible for leading both custom CMS projects and Spire's new CMS-as-a-Service offering. The Senior CMS Developer will be expert in both backend and frontend development, including experience with many CMS systems (Wordpress, Drupal, Kentico, Shopify, etc.). They also have a strong understanding of UX design, digital marketing tools, and conversion optimization.
The Senior CMS Developer will also:
- Participate as a key member of the Marketing Team.
- Participate in web development projects and knowledge share sessions.
- Mentor other members of the web design and development team.
- Design and implement new monthly recurring revenue streams.
- Establish and guide the website’s architecture.
- Ensure high-performance and availability, and manage all technical aspects of the CMS.
- Help formulate an effective, responsive design and turn it into a working theme and plugin.
- Creative – Lead designers to create HTML representations of designs and prototypes.
- UX/Information Architecture – Participate in projects involving application development.
- Operations – Participate in operational projects requiring application development.
- Sales – Participate in scoping process for sales proposals.
- Analysis – Recognizes, accesses, and communicates potential opportunities and risks concerning application development.
- Logical Organization – Ability to develop applications and code in a logical manner.
- Communication – Ability to clearly outline and define concerns and solutions. Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detailed Oriented – Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Performance Effective – Responds with a sense of urgency to immediate needs. Understands directives and requirements for projects.
- Hands-on expertise developing for many CMS systems
- Hands-on experience working in agency environment
- At least 5 years experience in web and application development
- Experience with CSS Preprocessors such as SASS or LESS
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves everyday. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.