Kin + Carta is an innovation and emerging technology firm that helps Fortune 500 companies seize new opportunities through groundbreaking digital solutions. At Kin + Carta, we call our Resource Allocation function “Casting”. It is at the heart of our business operations and a key part in maintaining our outstanding culture. Because our people are the most valuable part of our business, choosing the right project roles for our people is paramount. So, just like in the film industry, we at Kin + Carta cast people into roles based on best fit, skills, preferences, and the right amount of stretch for them to continue to grow. For new project teams, the Casting and Bench Manager works with the Talent Management Team and Casting Leads to use this same approach across all roles on a project in order to create an outstanding line-up of team members.
What you will be doing:
- Strategic casting of all roles
- Includes understanding project and client needs at the skill level including the outcomes we are solving for the client in order to be able to evaluate the talent base to determine who is a right fit and communicate the expectations to the employee
- Working closely with casting admin for support on data and availability of resources
- Casting of internal and special projects based on recommendations from the Talent Management Team
- Succession planning - Equally important is succession planning which allows Kin + Carta to proactively replace a person on a project in order to give the original person a new project opportunity. These successions keep our teams fresh, well-rounded, and continually growing.
- Identify specific individuals and work with the Talent Management Team to create unique succession plans which have alignment with their existing client team
- Communicate new paths to employees
- Responsible for strategy, planning, documentation, execution, and communication with all relevant parties including the Account team, Project team, Network lead, Practice lead, and employee
- Coordination with Training Leads and Talent Development Team to intake employees from projects to the bench with a training schedule for their next project or next skill ready to go.
- Bench Weekly Reporting
- Reporting the number of people on the bench weekly
- Assigning the internal tasks the bench population is working on in the system in order to report by practice and activity
- Demand Management - Demand management is all about balancing the demand coming in from our sales pipeline with our upcoming project end dates, and identifying where we need to hire.
- Identifying the need to hire ahead for specific skills that we don’t currently have and won’t have trained or need to increase in seasoned skilled professionals
- Monitoring sales demand and identifying hiring needs based on supply
- Running weekly demand management meeting with Network leads and COO
- Working with the Talent Management and Acquisition teams to communicate hiring and pipeline needs
- Network Reporting
- Work with network leads for network-specific reporting
- Report weekly and Fiscal Year-To-Date Utilization by Practice, Network, and Delivery
- Report on level mix and identify anything out of balance
- Maintain Salesforce Data Integrity and keep information up-to-date
- Ensure that operational processes align with business goals
- Ensure systems and processes are well documented
- You enjoy functioning Independently as you work across multiple teams within the organization
- You are used to navigate fast-paced environments.
- You have strong communication skills, written and verbal, both Spanish and English.
- You master all aspects of the processes to ensure deadlines are met.
- You know how to work with sensitive information.
- You are an expert at mitigating potential conflicts.
Being a ‘Kin’ has its benefits:
- Personal training budget;
- Mentorship program;
- Additional days of paid vacation;
- Family premium health insurance;
- Lunch budget;
- In-house English lessons;
- Weekly yoga classes.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.