Kin + Carta is looking for a Full-Stack Automation Test Engineer to consult clients through every stage of the SDLC and STLC and to modernize the way our clients approach quality. The ideal Full-Stack Automation Test Engineer for Kin + Carta is innovative, passionate about testing with strong automation experience, looks to continually learn, and enjoys sharing expertise. Strong verbal and written communication is a must. Experience working in an Agile Scrum development environment, or in a consulting capacity is also a must.
This is a fully remote role in the United States, but working in working in the Central or Eastern time zone is a requirement of the role.
- Being a champion for quality best practices and industry trends
- Managing expectations and providing guidance for client stakeholders
- Building trust and strengthening relationships with client contacts
- Developing automated test scripts, test plans, and test cases
- Executing automated test plans
- Maintaining and executing existing automation scripts
- Participating in functional testing
- Strong work ethic and commitment to the client solution and deliverables
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 4+ years of experience managing test cases and working with cross functional teams in agile
- 3+ years of experience writing automated tests or developing features including but not limited to writing and executing web application automated tests and automated API tests
- 2+ years of experience building end-to-end automation tests using Cypress
- 2+ years of experience building testing APIs with RestAssured
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field
- Proven record of developing strong, positive relationships with the software development team, especially developers and business analysts
- Experience with Selenium Webdriver
- Proficiency with one of the following web services tools: Postman or RestSharp
- Good understanding of, XML, JSON structures
- Experience working with clients and fostering strong relationships
- Experience maintaining and adjusting CI/CD testing pipelines
- Intermediate level SQL language expertise
- Strong analytical skills and ability to portray information in a logical and well-organized manner
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.