Kin + Carta is looking for a Client Engagement Lead to source, cultivate, and close new business for Kin + Carta.
Our culture is one that fosters innovation and creative thinking without the bindings that are typically introduced with large organizations. The people we are looking for in this position are no exception. Reporting directly to the VP of Client Engagement, you will work with our Business Development Specialists, Consulting Services, larger Demand Generation Network, and the Executive Team to qualify and close business in competitive pursuits.
This position will be responsible for selling Kin + Carta professional services contracts (digital advisory, cloud native modernization, digital customer experience development, and emerging capabilities). Activities involve pipeline development, lead qualification, customer meetings, proposal development, negotiations, and closing. In addition, you will participate in industry networking and partner sponsored events to build direct sales pipelines.
What we are looking for in you:
You are a trailblazer. You create opportunities for others. You are gritty and never give up. You never let things fall through the cracks. You can bridge the big picture with the intricacies of execution. You can hold an executive conversation with confidence. You have a passion for exploring, “What’s next?” and are highly motivated, productive and organized. You have the ability to build trust and rapport with stakeholders to understand the competitive landscape in a pursuit and connect the dots for the right support and craft a story to win.
- Lead generation, cultivation, and follow through
- Uncovering interested prospects in key verticals (financial services, manufacturing, distribution, and healthcare)
- Develop, maintain, and expand a database of prospects within your pipeline
- Maintain a high level of Kin + Carta solution expertise and competitive intelligence
- Identify decision-makers within targeted leads in order to initiate and move along the sales process.
- Provide compelling value propositions and real-time solutioning, in-person and via phone- emphasizing service differentiators, discussing contract terms and preparing proposals
- Submit accurate and complete information in Salesforce and provide regular updates to management regarding opportunities, trends, and challenges
- Maintain a commitment to continuous improvement, with active participation in internal and external sales coaching
- Develop key relationships with Sales Executives at key partners (Google Cloud Platform, Azure, PCF, VMWare, and AWS)
- Meet or exceed yearly new business revenue objectives
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 5+ years of successful sales experience
- 3+ years of experience in an Enterprise sales role, focusing on large scale custom software development projects
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Consulting or agency background with strong consultative sales skills and can demonstrate the ability to sell the value of partnering with Kin + Carta
- Understanding of user experience design and agile software development lifecycle and have previously worked with either marketing, line of business and/or technology teams, in a delivery capacity, in enterprise environments.
- Understanding of the business driver and best practices of cloud-native modernization
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment
- Prominent organization, presentation, communication, and time management skills
- Demonstrated analytical and strategic skills with the ability to creatively problem-solve
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders, including senior leadership
- A strong understanding of enterprise IT concepts and technology
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.