Consistently ranked as a Best Place to Work, Kin + Carta's Denver office, formerly Spire Digital, is a 22-year old custom software development firm & digital transformation company. The organization serves an international clientele from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies. As B-Corp certified organization, we strive to create progress in the world of technology while prioritizing the commitment we've made to investing in our people and the planet.
Kin + Carta is seeking a User Experience Design Principal to help us design amazing experiences for our Fortune 500 clients and their customers. If you’re passionate about emerging tech and have a deep understanding of human-centered design and interaction design read on!
At Kin + Carta, we provide great design through a few key principles. We Instill Confidence for a more confident user, we Reduce Complexity to make experiences feel easy, and we Provoke Delight because we don’t just design for usability, we aim to create experiences that people love.
What you can look forward to in the job
As a User Experience Design Principal at Kin + Carta, you’ll be responsible for leveraging UX research insights, communicating your ideas visually, designing concepts for interactions, understanding and organizing complexities, promoting modern interaction design patterns and best practices, and working with cross-functional teams to build and test your digital experiences.
As a trusted advisor to our clients on their digital experiences, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact on their understanding and implementation of design practices. While collaborating with our other experts in design, research, software engineering, quality assurance, technical architecture, and product strategy, you’ll learn something new daily, and we hope to learn from you, too!
- Participate in the strategic planning process, providing user experience and design thought leadership for product development roadmaps.
- Guide and mentor our user experience team to create engaging, memorable and user-informed experiences, driving an environment of sharing and collaboration.
- Work directly with business partners to uncover and define user needs and translate needs into an experience brief, develop design strategies in alignment with this brief, and represent design decisions to senior leadership teams.
- Take a client’s vision from conception to completion and delivery.
- Be a trusted advisor to clients on the digital experience they will provide their users.
- Produce UX/UI artifacts, such as wireframes, visual designs and prototypes for apps and websites.
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 8+ years of experience
- A bachelor’s degree in art, design, or equivalent experience in a related field
- Demonstrated excellence in interactive design, information architecture, and translating research into design decisions
- A portfolio of work proving your visual design ability
- Able to manage your own time on single or multiple projects, whether working independently or collaboratively with a team
- Proficient in design tools such as Sketch, Figma and Adobe products and prototyping tools such as InVision and Proto.io
- Empathetic with the business and client when constraints are present
- Confident in presenting work and articulating user experience issues and concerns to team members and stakeholders
- You work closely with a development team and other disciplines
- Experienced in Agile, lean, or other iterative product development approaches (design sprints, scrum, kanban)
- A genuine interest in building a diverse community of people and practices
- A compassionate mindset of ethical, inclusive human-centered design
- A commitment to designing for accessibility
Comprehensive offer package:
- This is a full time role with an annual salary range starting at $114k-$123k, depending on experience. We are able to offer a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, vision, dental, PTO, 401K with matching, and free yoga classes!
About Spire Digital (Kin+Carta Denver)
Spire Digital is a Denver-based digital product development firm that transforms business through design and technology. For over 20 years, we've provided strategic consulting, user experience design, custom software development, DevOps, digital marketing, and staff augmentation to the world's top companies. Whether web, mobile, IoT, wearables, AR/VR, AI, or blockchain, Spire helps startups and enterprises succeed at the art of innovation. Spire's services are geared toward the product and innovation needs of our clients, resulting in business-critical applications that seize opportunities to increase revenues, operational efficiencies, market share, and customer satisfaction. AT&T, Berkshire Hathaway, DaVita, Dish Network, Experian, Inspirato, Lockheed Martin, MillerCoors, Rent-A-Center, Starz, USDA, US Navy, Western Union, and many others rely on Spire’s expertise to develop industry-leading digital products that further overall business objectives. Spire has also worked with more than 400 technology startups. https://www.spiredigital.com/
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.