Kin + Carta is an innovation and emerging technology firm that helps Fortune 500 companies seize new opportunities through world-changing digital solutions. As strategists and consultants, we help organizations evolve their digital strategy to solve mission-critical problems. As designers and developers, we build incredible hardware and software solutions that transcend a standalone product and transform an organization’s relationship with its customers.
Kin + Carta is looking for an experienced Node.js Developer support projects for one of our key strategic pillars: Kin + Carta Connect, a full-service digital agency that strategizes, designs, builds, implements, tests, and optimizes world-class, global, and multi-channel experiences.
The ability to consult with clients, a servant leadership attitude, a love of learning, and an analytical mindset are a must.
- Support enterprise web applications.
- Working in multiple development environments.
- Participating in design and code reviews to ensure best practices and high-quality code.
- Documenting and following best practices and recommending best practices around source control, deployment, and issue tracking.
- Providing mentorship to junior engineers while also being mentored by more experienced engineers and architects to foster your career path and growth.
- Must be able to work in multiple team environments in parallel.
- Gaining technical knowledge of software, hardware, and open source technology stacks
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- Experience in Node.js/Express development
- Experience working in multiple development methodologies (Agile, Kanban, XP, Waterfall)
- Strong programming background and familiarity with at least one object-oriented language
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
- Knowledge of application security concepts and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science or a similar field
- Experience working with APIs and website ecosystems.
- Knowledge of Bamboo CI and Docker is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Being proactive and willingness to learn, develop and adapt
- Experience across a variety of client engagements and industries
Being part of our 'Kin' has its benefits:
- Personal training budget;
- Mentorship program;
- Additional days of paid vacation;
- Family premium health insurance;
- Lunch budget;
- Internet budget;
- In-house English lessons;
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.