Kin + Carta is an innovation and emerging technology firm that helps Fortune 500 companies seize new opportunities through world-changing digital solutions. As strategists and consultants, we help organizations evolve their digital strategy to solve mission-critical problems. As designers and developers, we build incredible hardware and software solutions that transcend a standalone product and transform an organization’s relationship with its customers.
Kin + Carta is looking to hire a Senior Data Engineer to join our growing capabilities team. If you are innovative, passionate about data and AI technologies, and look to continually learn and enjoy sharing expertise, read on!
- Partnering with the capability leadership to create the future of the area in LatAm.
- Helping the capability growth by participating actively in the definition of processes of interviewing, hiring and training of our Kin.
- Designing, Migrating, Building, and Testing large scale data processing architectures
- Building enterprise applications on the cloud (Azure, Google Cloud, or AWS) and technologies such as BigQuery, Synapse Analytics, AutoML, Google Data Studio, PowerBI, or QuickSight
- Improving data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Working with designers to help visualize data to provide insights to end-users
- Performing ad-hoc analyses of data stored in the business’s SQL databases and writing scripts, stored procedures, functions, and views
- Interfacing with our clients and providing technical recommendations
- Evaluating emerging cross-platform frameworks and enterprise application platforms
- Bridging between elegant front-end design and existing enterprise back end architectures
- Collaborating with experienced data engineers, data scientists, and data architects to foster personal and team growth
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- Experience with Python
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases such as Microsoft SQL, Postgres and Cassandra
- Experience with data visualization and reporting tools like Looker, Tableau, or PowerBi
- Experience with Azure, GCP, and/or AWS
- Experience with designing data models and ETL
- Experience with message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable big data stores as well as tools like Storm and Spark Streaming
- Experience with big data tools like BigQuery, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, or Elasticsearch
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools
- 5+ yrs experience in Data Engineering
- You have a strong passion for building innovative and intelligent solutions around data
- Strong background in Java and/or .NET, knowledge with Kotlin and Scala is a huge plus
- Familiar with Microservice design patterns including Serverless and BFF
- Experience designing, building, integrating and testing with RESTful APIs
- Experience in developing and implementing scripts for database maintenance, monitoring, and performance tuning to be applied across the business
- Ability to effectively communicate technical topics to product owners, stakeholders and other business team members
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum development environment, or in a consulting capacity
- Experience in Machine Learning
- Certifications in Google (Professional Data Engineer) or Microsoft (Azure Data Engineer Associate, Azure AI Engineer Associate) are preferred
Being a ‘Kin’ has its benefits:
- Personal training budget;
- Mentorship program;
- Additional days of paid vacation;
- Family premium health insurance;
- Lunch budget;
- Internet budget;
- In-house English lessons;
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves everyday. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.