Kin + Carta is looking to hire a Data Engineer to join our growing capabilities team. If you are innovative, passionate about data and AI technologies, and look to continually learn and share your expertise, read on!
- Designing, Migrating, Building, and Testing large-scale data processing architectures
- Building enterprise applications on the cloud using technologies such as Google Cloud, BigQuery, AutoML, Google Data Studio
- Helping clients implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality, all while building intelligent solutions that leverage data
- Working with designers to help visualize data to provide insights to the end-user
- Performing ad-hoc analyses of data stored in the business’s MySQL/MS SQL databases and writing SQL scripts, stored procedures, functions, and views
- Interfacing with clients and providing technical recommendations
- Helping evaluate emerging cross-platform frameworks and enterprise application platforms
- Bridging the gap between elegant front-end design and existing enterprise back-end architectures
- Working with experienced data engineers, data scientists, and data architects to foster your experience and growth
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 3+ years of experience working with cloud technologies such as Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Amazon Web Services (AWS)Experience with designing data models and ETL
- 3+ years of experience working with data visualization and reporting tools like Looker, Tableau or PowerBI
- 3+ years of experience working with data pipeline and workflow management tools
- 3+ years of experience working with relational SQL and NoSQL databases such as Postgres and Cassandra
- 1+ years of experience in working with message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable big data stores
- Experience working with big data tools like Google BigQuery, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, or Elasticsearch
- Experience working with stream-processing systems such as Storm and Spark-Streaming
- Strong background in Python, Java and/or .NET, knowledge with Kotlin and Scala
- Familiar with Microservice design patterns including Serverless and BFF
- Experience designing, building, integrating and testing with RESTful APIs
- Experience in developing and implementing scripts for database maintenance, monitoring, and performance-tuning to be applied across the business
- Experience in Machine Learning
- You have a strong passion for building innovative and intelligent solutions around data
- Proven ability to effectively communicate technical topics to product owners, stakeholders and other business team members
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum development environment, or in a consulting capacity
- Certifications in Google (Professional Data Engineer) or Microsoft (Azure Data Engineer Associate, Azure AI Engineer Associate)
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.