About Kin + Carta
Headquartered in London and Chicago, we are a global consulting firm built for the 2020s, we design and launch new digital products and services for our clients, create parallel ‘digital twins’ that replace analogue processes, and unlock future innovation through modernisation initiatives. We seamlessly integrate the strategic consulting, experience design, software engineering and marketing technology needed to help businesses ‘make it happen’.
Overview of Role
The Senior Visualisation Specialist is a subject matter expert in all areas of data visualisation and dashboard creation and acts as the bridge between data and the visual story it tells, providing business intelligence & performance reporting that help to guide and define the strategy for our clients. Specialists can be involved with the creation and maintenance of reports as well as providing an advisory and support role for clients, to ensure the most accessible presentation of information. They will also be required to develop simple and intuitive solutions for dashboards and self-serve analytics.
The key deliverable is developing visually appealing ways of presenting the data either via BI dashboards and reports that help to clearly convey important information that supports data storytelling.
You’ll be working alongside the Craft Lead, Data Strategists, and our technical teams as well as the Optimisation team to understand what data needs to be used to measure the performance against key business goals and how that any this needs to be set up. Ultimately, we need to rely on these visualisations so we become a trusted partner for our client in terms of data intelligence. You will have the opportunity to work across multiple clients, giving you the chance to apply your knowledge and skills across different B2C and B2B clients.
Core Skills & Competencies
- Ensuring large and/or complex data is accessible, understandable and usable, and conveying key messages, through appropriate data visualisation techniques and methods.
- Developing innovative and appealing static and interactive data visualisations for external uses such as websites, annual and quarterly reports and any other performance reporting.
- Transforming, enhancing and integrating data, depending on the business requirements.
- Assessing new and innovative tools to elevate reporting standards.
- Enhancing staff capabilities in data visualisation and associated techniques. ● Interface directly with client stakeholders and management
- Conduct requirements gathering workshops, using a variety of tools and activities to understand underlying business challenges and translate them into well-articulated requirements
- Define, document and communicate both high level and detailed business and data requirements
- Have experience of running analysis technology audits to identify issues, gaps and opportunities, that can be used to create recommendations for improvements and changes
- Write detailed user stories and acceptance criteria that accurately describes the agreed solution to be developed
- Technological expertise in SQL, Microsoft BI stack (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS), Power BI, OLTP database, OLAP data warehouse, data modelling, KPIs and Dashboards.
- Where necessary, work collaboratively with a cross-functional team to define solutions
- Be the subject matter expert in Power BI, Tableau and Google Data Studio
- Ability to work independently, and more importantly, within a team
- Sound organisation skills and ability to manage multiple concurrent activities
- Work quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines.
- An independent self-starter with a strong affinity for numbers and quantitative data.
- Polished presentation skills
- Exceptional listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge or experience with enterprise-grade web platforms
- Experience working with Jira and Confluence or Azure DevOps
- Previous experience working for an agency, management consultancy, system integrator, or other third-party solution providers
Client Care and Quality
- At all times strive to provide total client satisfaction from discovery through to delivery process which continuously focuses on improvement.
- Constantly remain vigilant for improvement possibilities and commercial opportunities for the business
Business & Management Approach
- Personal Effectiveness – Keen interest in situational analysis – developing the ability to size up situations quickly and accurately.
- Drive for Results – Consistently set high standards for performance for self and team, facilitating and driving change effectively.
Although this role is based out of our Manchester office we are happy for you to work from any of our UK offices which include London, Liverpool or Edinburgh.