We are looking for a technology-driven and detail-oriented Google Cloud Partner Architect to join our Partnerships team and help accelerate Kin + Carta’s rapid growth. You’ll be joining an arm of our thought leaders and consultants focused on expanding our partnership relationships with Google Cloud. You will operate in a fast-paced environment on a small, nimble team. Translation: you have an opportunity to make a big impact on Kin + Carta and your career. In this role, you’ll support critical partnership management, expansion of our GCP footprint and drive new innovative work across our capabilities.
- Provide pre-sales support for all active opportunities that are a Google identified lead by providing subject matter expertise, architecture diagrams, developing proof of concepts and other strategic activities to win new business
- Work to create technical content and deliverables for the Google Partner team surrounding the priority GCP workloads that Kin + Carta is working to build; create reference architecture that can be leveraged across clients
- Be the glue between Kin + Carta’s Google Partner Manager and Kin + Carta’s engineering consulting staff to provide support of existing GCP projects, training & development, and certifications
- Build relationships with Google Cloud’s customer engineers and customer engineering leadership
- Create marketing content via blogs, meetups, podcasts and/or speaking engagements to raise our presence in the market as a thought leader on the GCP platform.
- Work with our capability leadership teams to ensure the growth of these skills are aligned along the GCP platform for their area of impact such as Cloud Modernization, Applied AI and Data Platforms, IoT, and Mobile & Web Experiences.
- As needed, work on specific client projects to bring subject matter expertise to the project team and conduct necessary engineering tasks in order to deliver the client outcomes
- Define the GCP Cloud Architecture for both hybrid and non-hybrid cloud solutions. Be the go-to person for GCP Cloud Architecture. You should have a deep understanding of IaaS and PaaS services offered on cloud platforms and understand how to use them together to build complex solutions.
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 5+ years cloud technology experience
- 2+ years of Google Cloud experience required
- Self-starter with in-depth hands-on work experience with large-scale implementations of Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Knowledge of J2EE, .NET, and cloud technologies development languages and tools, to continue with development
- Experience with distributed computing, cloud security, IaaS & PaaS architectures, knowledge of big data/analytics, ci/cd, DevOps, SRE and networking concepts
- Experience helping development teams build and deploy microservices-based applications in the public cloud. Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and other Container Orchestration and API exposure platforms
- Ability to work independently and make recommendations and decisions autonomously
- Understanding and passion for human-centered design and the agile software development lifecycle including Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment tools and processes
- Extroverted and empathetic that thrives in fast-paced environments and has a passion for emerging technologies that meet business outcomes
- Google certifications highly preferred: Google Professional Cloud Architect, Data Engineer, Cloud Developer
- At least 25-50% travel required
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.