Kin + Carta is seeking a User Experience Designer on a contract basis to help us design amazing experiences from our Chicago Office for our Fortune 500 clients and their customers. If you’re passionate about emerging tech and have a deep understanding of human-centered design and interaction design read on!
At Kin + Carta, we provide great design through a few key principles. We Instill Confidence for a more confident user, we Reduce Complexity to make experiences feel easy, and we Provoke Delight because we don’t just design for usability, we aim to create experiences that people love.
As a User Experience Designer at Kin + Carta, you’ll be responsible for leveraging UX research insights, communicating your ideas visually, designing concepts for interactions, understanding and organizing complexities, promoting modern interaction design patterns and best practices, and working with cross-functional teams to build and test your digital experiences.
As a trusted advisor to our clients on their digital experiences, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact on their understanding and implementation of design practices. While collaborating with our other experts in design, research, software engineering, quality assurance, technical architecture, and product strategy, you’ll learn something new daily, and we hope to learn from you, too!
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 2+ years of experience
- A bachelor’s degree in art, design, or equivalent experience in a related field
- Demonstrated excellence in interactive design, information architecture, and translating research into design decisions
- A portfolio of work proving your visual design ability with platform guidelines (iOS, Android) and responsive web design
- Able to manage your own time on single or multiple projects, whether working independently or collaboratively with a team
- Proficient in design tools such as Sketch and Adobe products and prototyping tools such as InVision and Proto.io
- Experienced in Agile, lean, or other iterative product development approaches (design sprints, scrum, kanban)
- Confident in presenting work and articulating user experience issues and concerns to team members and stakeholders
- Empathetic with the business and client when constraints are present
- A genuine interest in building a diverse community of people and practices
- A compassionate mindset of ethical, inclusive human-centered design
- A commitment to designing for accessibility
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.