Kin + Carta is a digital transformation firm with one sole purpose: to make the world work better. We partner directly with our clients, mainly Fortune 500 companies as a software engineering studio with a focus on innovation and full-stack modernisation. We have 2 main headquarters: Chicago leading K+C Americas with offices in NYC, Denver, and Buenos Aires and London leading our offices in the UK. There are 1,600+ of us globally, we’re united by culture and a shared way of working.
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Experience criteria. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Experience criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Willingness to occasionally travel within the United States (and potentially UK)
- Comfortable working in a collaborative environment with individuals locally and distributed globally
- 3+ years experience as a System Administrator, DevOps Engineer, or similar with operational service experience in at least one Cloud environment (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- AWS/Azure/GCP Infrastructure Management
- Experience supporting on premise infrastructure (VMWare ESXi, Cisco/Meraki Switching being 2 examples)
- Experience in Managing Jenkins Infrastructure
- Release Management Experience
- Infrastructure As Code management and creation using Ansible / CloudFormation / Terraform
- Experience with configuration/cluster management technologies including Chef, Puppet, Kubernetes, Docker
- Solid understanding of systems monitoring, alerting and analytics (Cloud Watch, Azure Monitor, Google Cloud Monitoring)
- Cloud Security fundamentals, covering cloud security concepts, access control, data encryption and network security, WAF, IAM etc
- Scripting - Python, Bash, PowerShell (1 required)
- Experience working with NTP, SAML, OAUTH2 or Active Directory
- Solid understanding of Linux and Windows OSE’s
- Experience with supporting servers that run NODE.js, PHP, Python, HTML, SCSS, JS, Apache, Nginx, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, IIS
- Thorough understanding of Networking, Firewalls, DNS
- Proactive inclination to break down complex problems into steps that drive value
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Certifications in Google (Professional Cloud DevOps Engineer) or Microsoft (DevOps Engineer Expert)
- Providing DevOps Support for internal and external clients with varying infrastructures
- Documenting processes and infrastructure
- Documentation of functional and technical requirements of systems and infrastructure.
- Define CDS infrastructure policies, procedures, and standards in the deployment and implementation of systems and applications.
- Provide on call duties for Kin and Carta managed services clients.
- Management and maintenance of global KC infrastructure services.
Being a ‘Kin’ has its benefits:
- Personal training budget;
- Mentorship program;
- Additional days of paid vacation;
- Family premium health insurance;
- Lunch Budget;
- Internet Budget;
- In-house English lessons;
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves everyday. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.