Kin + Carta is an innovation and emerging technology firm that helps Fortune 500 companies seize new opportunities through world-changing digital solutions. As strategists and consultants, we help organizations evolve their digital strategy to solve mission-critical problems. As designers and developers, we build incredible hardware and software solutions that transcend a standalone product and transform an organization’s relationship with its customers.
Kin + Carta seeks to hire a Data Product Strategist to join our growing capabilities team. If you are innovative, passionate about data and AI technologies, and look to continually learn and enjoy sharing expertise, read on!
- Advising business and technical client stakeholders on the adoption of data strategies for achieving business goals
- Designing of multi-phased roadmap strategies for clients
- Working with client stakeholders to help them discover new data insights
- Leading the estimation and planning of projects
- Working with designers, data architects and data engineers on the development of data solutions for large and mid-level enterprise clients to enhance their business
- Informing Designs, Process Mapping, Migration Strategies, Development, and Testing of large scale data processing architectures
- Helping clients implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality, and build intelligent data solutions
- Working with designers to help visualize data to provide insights to end-users
- Growing & maturing the Technical Product Consulting practice; the practitioners focused on defining the requirements for APIs, SDKs, and other service layer technologies
- Understanding the business future-state goals and aligning a roadmap to meet those goals
- Defining analytics tagging strategies to be consumed by tools like Google Analytics, Mixpanel, or Amplitude
- Managing a prioritized backlog, roadmap, and strategic direction of a data product
- Managing data product teams and people
- Presenting to and managing the relationships to senior stakeholders including c-suite
- Delivering to and navigating within large organizations (Fortune 500)
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 1+ years advising data engineers and technologists, as required by the target architectures, to align with business priorities
- 1+ years experience with on-premise and cloud based data platforms and solutions
- Experience defining a vision, strategy, and driving the implementation of a data platform capability to maturity in order to enable a business to run optimally or differentiates itself in its market.
- Experience with building data visualizations in tools like Tableau, Power-BI, or Data Studio
- Querying and manipulating data using SQL, R, or Python
- Experience with articulating to a business the art of the possible with data and technology
- An experienced relationship builder who knows how to work across the business to build buy-in for data initiatives.
- Innovator at the forefront of what's possible with data and favors experimentation over theory.
- Experience with identifying and establishing processes, platforms, tools, and capabilities to establish a data practice for governance within an organization
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum development environment, or in a consulting capacity
- Experience with, or interest in, the application of human-centered design principles to the creation of data-powered digital products
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.