Kin + Carta is an innovation and emerging technology firm that helps Fortune 500 companies seize new opportunities through world-changing digital solutions. As strategists and consultants, we help organizations evolve their digital strategy to solve mission-critical problems. As designers and developers, we build incredible hardware and software solutions that transcend a standalone product and transform an organization’s relationship with its customers.
Kin+Carta is looking to hire a Senior Data Engineer to join our internal development team. If you are innovative, passionate about data and AI technologies, and look to continually learn and enjoy sharing expertise, read on!
As a member of our internal development team you will act as the principal builder of global data processing systems and data lakes, optimized for both computational and storage efficiency on Google and Microsoft Cloud Platforms. You will have the opportunity to apply deep technical knowledge on data modeling and best engineering practices across K+C globally.
- Independently delivers results, creating value key internal stakeholders. Works with external (and nearshore) resources as required.
- You have a strong passion for building innovative and intelligent solutions around data
- Experience with designing data models and ETL.
- Leads the design, implementation and automation of data pipelines sourcing data from internal and external systems transforming the data for the optimal needs of various systems and business requirements.
- Leads the design and building of data solutions and applications that enable reporting, analytics, data science, and data management.
- Leads robust unit testing to ensure deliverables match the design and provides expertise to support subsequent release testing.
- Leads the design of complex physical data models, projects and cloud-based data lake constructs including SQL/NoSQL database systems.
- Leads the creation of integrated data views based on business or analytics requirements.
- Actively adheres to established quality and reliability standards, and ensures team adheres to the same quality and standards working in an Agile development environment.
- Researches and leads the identification and implementation of process improvements that address complex technology gaps. Builds strong knowledge of technology enablers.
- Drives the evolution of application development processes and standards
- Experience in working with message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable big data stores.
- Experience with big data tools like Google BigQuery, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Elasticsearch etc.
- Experience integrating in Salesforce and Salesforce APEX Development
- Experience with stream-processing systems such as Storm and Spark-Streaming
- Strong background in Python, Java and/or .NET, knowledge with Kotlin and Scala is a huge plus
- Familiar with Microservice design patterns including Serverless and BFF
- Experience designing, building, integrating and testing with RESTful APIs
- Experience in developing and implementing scripts for database maintenance, monitoring, and performance tuning to be applied across the business
- You have the ability to effectively communicate technical topics to product owners, stakeholders and other business team members
- Experience with data visualization and reporting tools like Data Studio, Looker, Tableau or PowerBi
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Azure Cloud
- Strong verbal and written communication is a must
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum development environment, or in a consulting capacity is a plus
- May perform additional duties as assigned including development on multiple platforms.
What You Will be Doing
- Designing, Migrating, Building, and Testing large scale data processing architectures
- Building enterprise applications on the cloud and technologies such as Google Cloud, BigQuery, AutoML, Google Data Studio
- Helping internal stakeholders implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality, and build intelligent solutions leveraging data
- Working with designers to help visualize data to provide insights to end-users
- Performing ad-hoc analyses of data stored in the business’s MySQL/MS SQL databases and writing SQL scripts, stored procedures, functions, and views
- Interfacing with business stakeholders and providing technical recommendations
- Helping evaluate emerging cross-platform frameworks and enterprise application platforms
- Bridging the gap between elegant front end design and existing enterprise back end architectures
Being a ‘Kin’ has its benefits:
- Personal training budget;
- Mentorship program;
- Additional days of paid vacation;
- Family premium health insurance;
- Lunch budget;
- Internet budget;
- In-house English lessons;
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves everyday. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.