The ideal Solutions Architect for Kin + Carta Digital Products & Services is innovative, passionate about bringing new experiences to life with modern software technologies, looks to continually learn, personifies servant leadership, and enjoys sharing expertise. Strong verbal and written communication are a must. Experience working in an Agile Scrum development environment or in a consulting capacity is a plus.
- Creating the vision, strategy, and end-to-end architecture of Web and Mobile solutions
- Creating high-impact software experiences and drive digital product innovation
- Applying your technical vision and experience with software design patterns to create elegant, scalable, and resilient solution architectures
- Obsessing over platform security and stability, and designing monitoring to enable your DevOps team to quickly pinpoint and respond to outages and slowdowns
- Improving your customer’s speed-to-market by implementing CI/CD pipelines, test automation, and containerized deployments
- Navigating complex data footprints, introducing modern data management and integration technologies to improve information velocity and data quality
- Getting hands-on to solve the hardest problems or evaluate new frameworks
- Implementing code or other solutions personally when necessary
- Being the technical voice for your team, advocating technical direction, and encouraging innovation among your client stakeholders
- Being a servant leader, mentoring engineers, and setting the bar of quality
- Contributing to the evolution of our architecture practice, applying and contributing to development standards and best practices
- Implementing controls to ensure your solution will stand tall against real-world conditions
- Brings a mix of technical knowledge, business acumen, and delivery skills
- Fostering a positive employee experience and growing of engineers on your project team
- Championing the team’s adoption of industry leading best practices
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in software engineering, computer science, or related field
- 3+ years of experience working with at least one of the following platforms:
- 3+ years of experience leading the design and development of multiple enterprise-grade platforms or products from concept through to production
- 3+ years of experience working across multiple enterprise-grade technical stacks, having a proven ability to evaluate and select the right tech for the job
- Working experience of leading small and medium-sized development teams of 6-8 engineers
- Well versed in computing science fundamentals, including object-oriented programming, algorithm analysis, and data structures
- Able to drive all technical activities across a project, including validation of core technologies, creation of technical roadmaps architecture diagrams, and solution briefs
- Able to methodically break down a complex solution into consumable technical stories
- Prior knowledge of React Native, Vue.js, or other hybrid mobile frameworks
- Prior experience in a technical consulting or product innovation environment
- A seasoned technologist at the core, curious and excited about the impact of leveraging technology at scale
- Has an understanding of full stack engineering skill sets and has experience in delivering both frontend and backend technologies
- Knowledgeable (or highly curious) about working with product and experience experts
- Comfortable being the leader, but still enjoys committing code and getting ‘in the weeds’
- A lifelong learner with a knack for picking up new technologies quickly; able to apply core concepts across different technologies and frameworks
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.