Kin + Carta is seeking a User Experience Researcher to help us design amazing experiences from our Office for our Fortune 500 clients and their customers. If you’re passionate about emerging tech and have a deep understanding of human-centered design and interaction design read on!
What we are looking for in you:
- You are excited and passionate about gathering critical user data for our clients and project teams.
- You are well versed in implementing a variety of user research techniques including in-depth interviews, surveys, card-sorting, click testing, etc.
- You are able to manage recruiting and coordinate small sample user groups with the help of our clients and partners.
- You’re able to manage your own time, whether working on a team in a collaborative environment or working independently.
- You have a proven ability to collaborate with designers to realize human-centered designs based on your understanding of HCI fundamentals.
- Communication skills are your strong suit - both verbal and written in Spanish and English
- You are an advocate for the user. You’re passionate about uncovering pain points and delights in a digital interface.
- You are able to effectively articulate issues and concerns to team members and clients as well as work to strategize potential solutions.
- Experience working in a consulting capacity, specifically in a client-facing role is a plus.
- You have a passion for FinTech, IoT, or other emerging tech enterprise verticals
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Journalism, or a related field.
- Experience creating digital prototypes in tools like Sketch, InVision, Proto.io is a plus.
What you can look forward to in the job:
- Your work at K+C matters. The research you do here will have a direct impact on the client projects on which you’re engaged. The designs you help inform will be seen and used by thousands of people every day.
- Taking a client’s vision from conception to completion and delivery. In addition, you’ll be a trusted advisor on the digital experience they will provide to their customers.
- You will work with some of the brightest, most talented UX’ers around - you’ll learn something new daily, and we would like to learn from you.
- Crafting research plans and discussion guides, conducting end-user interviews, synthesizing and analyzing research feedback, and developing lean documentation to keep your team focused on the user.
- You’ll work closely with designers for our innovative mobile application product suite.
Being part of our 'Kin' has its benefits:
- Personal training budget;
- Mentorship program;
- Additional days of paid vacation;
- Family premium health insurance;
- Lunch budget;
- Internet budget;
- In-house English lessons;
Any design experience (desktop or mobile) is a plus however.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves everyday. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.