Kin + Carta is a digital transformation organization. As one of the key strategic pillars, Kin + Carta Connect is a full-service digital agency that strategizes, designs, builds, implements, tests, and optimizes world-class, global, and multi-channel experiences.
The Technical Director will help to build the US technical, team, capability and sales effort. The Technical Director defines and ensures a comprehensive and coherent view across Business and Systems and Technology. This role goes beyond designing IT systems and enterprise solutions to deliver business change, as such this person should have deep business and industry expertise, be familiar with industry standards, and be able to work at the boardroom and senior management level. This individual will lead operations relating to market development and/or service delivery excellence. Finally, this individual will serve as a role model in the technology community.
This role requires the ability to conduct discovery workshops with a cross functional team to define and consolidate business needs and layout a technology roadmap aligning business goals and needs. This individual will be adept at crafting Enterprise/ Solution architecture services to solve customer problems. Must have strong knowledge in defining UI/UX strategy to customers.
We’re looking for an individual with initiative, drive and desire to build a strong technology practice.
- Serve as the technical team leader in the strategy, design, and delivery of cutting-edge, business solutions across client engagements and internal delivery teams
- Translate business requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverage platforms and/or services as well as a general understanding of Content and Commerce enterprise architectures
- Take on accountability for technology delivery across 2-4 clients at a given time - identifying and clearing issues while also providing client and consultant guidance for future mitigation
- Help build engineering collateral for efficient implementation of Headless CMS, Services, and Martech platform projects
- Provide technical guidance to architects and junior developers around best practices in development - both back-end and front-end execution
- Enforce best practices among the development team while building applications, services and platform implementations
- Participate in business development activities such as sales pursuits with prospects, estimate new projects and define scope
- Help enforce and implement current continuous integration processes and continuous delivery for development, QA and live websites
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- Experience leading 5+ complex platform implementation projects from design (architecture) through implementation and delivery for consulting clients
- 7+ years of experience in development and experience working with various CMS systems such as AEM, Episerver, Sitecore, Contentful, Acquia, Contentstack with a focus on Headless implementation
- Should be master in Functional Architecture Design
- Should have experience in Business Knowledge, Integration & Orchestration, Technical Solution Design, Risk & Quality Management.
- Strong knowledge and experience in integration with headless CMS, DAM and other content technologies
- Strong communication skills and relationship management
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects at one time
- Work independently and as a member of a team
- Work and communicate effectively with programmers and other IT staff and non-IT functional areas
- Lead and coach staff toward thought leadership and project excellence
- Engage in skills assessments and promote professional development of staff
- Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Being proactive and willingness to learn, develop and adapt
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.