Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Kin + Carta operates under an organizational model called “The Connective,” a global ecosystem of over 1,600 technologists, strategists, and creatives. Together, the Connective provides full-service capabilities for not only our clients but for employee experience and mobility.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes Kin + Carta a recognized best place to work.
Kin + Carta is seeking a User Experience Designer to join our rapidly expanding UX Department. This person should be creative and have an eye for design. If you are passionate about mobility and understand the concepts of human computer interaction, and graphic design – read on!
What we are looking for in you
- You are excited and passionate about new and well-designed mobile apps and technologies.
- You’re able to manage your own time, whether working on a team in a collaborative environment or working independently.
- Working closely with a development team is something you have done and enjoy.
- You are a designer who always puts the user first. You’re passionate about solving difficult, user experience problems in the simplest, most elegant way.
- Proven ability to create user-centered design based on your understanding of HCI fundamentals
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- You are able to effectively articulate user experience issues and concerns and overall design principles to team members and clients.
- Well understanding on platform's guidelines: iOS and Android.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Art/Design or related field.
What you can look forward to in the job
- Your work at Kin + Carta matters. The design work you do here will have a direct impact for our clients and will be seen and used by thousands of people everyday.
- Taking a client’s vision from conception to completion and delivery and being a trusted advisor to them on the digital experience they will provide end users.
- You will work with some of the brightest, most talented UX’ers around - you’ll learn something new daily, and we would like to learn from you.
Of course the daily work
- Producing wireframes and prototypes for mobile apps and websites.
- User interface and graphic design for mobile apps and websites.
- Business as usual application updates and support.
- You’ll have a chance to create designs for our innovative mobile application product suite.
Being a 'Kin' has its benefits
- Personal training budget;
- Mentorship program;
- Additional days of paid vacation;
- Family premium health insurance;
- Lunch budget;
- Internet budget;
- In-house English lessons;
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves everyday. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.