Kin + Carta is a digital transformation firm with one sole purpose: to make the world work better. We partner directly with our clients, mainly Fortune 500 companies as a software engineering studio with a focus on innovation and full-stack modernisation. We have 2 main headquarters: Chicago leading K+C Americas with offices in NYC, Denver, and Buenos Aires and London leading our offices in the UK. There are 1,600+ of us globally, we’re united by culture and a shared way of working.
Kin + Carta is seeking a Java Software Engineer who is excited about development within the emerging technology ecosystem. You will be working on client-facing projects within Fortune 500 companies in the enterprise software space.
Solid communication skills, a servant leadership attitude, a love of learning and an analytical mind are a must.
Your Profile Includes:
- Strong level knowledge of Java and Java web applications
- Strong understanding of modern Spring frameworks (Spring Boot, Spring Cloud Services, etc)
- Solid OOD and OOP skills are required
- Previous experience delivering products in an Agile environment
- Experience developing enterprise applications that support high traffic volumes
- 3 or more years of professional software development experience
- Exposure to modern software practices such as TDD, CI/CD, etc. is required
- Previous consulting experience is a plus
- Working experience with microservice architectures is a plus
- Working experience with public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP) is a plus
- Working experience with modern web application frameworks (AngularJS, ReactJS, etc) is also a plus
- Previous exposure to Pivotal Cloud Foundry is a huge plus
- BS in Computer Science or a related field
What You Will Be Doing:
- Consulting with Fortune 500 clients in order to build enterprise grade cloud native applications
- Supporting team members in order to deliver products to market in an efficient manner
- Partnering with top notch designers to create award winning user experiences
- Bridging the gap between elegant front end design and existing enterprise backend architectures
- Mentoring less experienced engineers to foster their career path and growth
- Personal training budget;
- Mentorship program;
- Additional days of paid vacation;
- Family premium health insurance;
- Lunch budget;
- Internet budget;
- In-house English lessons;
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves everyday. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.