Kiavi, formerly known as LendingHome, is one of the largest lenders to real estate investors in the United States. With Kiavi’s technology platform and innovative financing solutions, real estate investors are empowered to make informed decisions, close deals faster, and realize the full potential of their real estate investment strategies.
Founded in 2013, Kiavi is committed to helping customers revitalize approximately $25 trillion worth of aged U.S. housing stock and provide move-in ready homes and rental housing for millions of Americans across the country. We have funded $10.7billion dollars worth of loans across about 46,000+ projects, becoming one of the nation's largest bridge loan lenders.
Combining our technology and industry expertise, Kiavi has grown to a team of over 500 and has won many awards over the years including Forbes Fintech 50, Finovate Awards: Best Digital Mortgage Platform, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and many more.
- Loans Funded: $10.7+ billion in loans funded
- Homes financed: 46,000+ projects funded for our customers across the country. 95% of projects have successful exits
- Geography: 29 states + D.C. where we lend to real estate investors so they can revitalize neighborhoods
- Employees: Over 500 employees
This position can be based remotely in our any of our approved hiring regions. Our hybrid distributed workforce philosophy allows us to find the best talent in the country and build diverse teams, while allowing our colleagues to work from the location that works best for them. For those who prefer to work in-office, we have locations in San Francisco and Pittsburgh. We also plan to use these spaces to bring together teammates to drive creativity and innovation.
Kiavi is looking for an experienced engineering leader to drive the strategy, technical vision, and roadmap for the Operational Success team at Kiavi. In this role, your key objective is to enable our underwriting & loan origination team to continuously improve their speed and efficiency through technical innovations in our in-house loan origination platform.
- Reduce the cost of loan origination through tech-based efficiency gains while providing production support for our entire lending platform by managing a team of ~9 engineers.
- Hire, mentor, and manage a highly skilled set of onshore & offshore Software Engineers.
- Manage priorities, expectations, and relationships in this highly cross-functional role, working closely with multiple stakeholders across the organization.
- Communicate technical and business risks to stakeholders.
- Review software design documents and code to ensure that the solutions delivered by your team are technically sound.
- Develop plans, define requirements, and influence our long-term technical and business strategy by working closely with senior leaders.
- Eight (8) + years of engineering experience
- Ability to make high quality direct code contributions, as needed
- Three (3) + years of engineering management experience, with a proven track record designing and executing large-scale/complex projects
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills with experience managing at least 5 engineers at various levels of seniority
- Extensive experience working with cross-functional teams and multiple stakeholders to ensure alignment of goals and priorities across departments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to attract top talent internationally and build high-performing, engaged teams
- Extensive experience building coaching plans and supporting engineers’ career development
- Effective at building cohesion with a remote-first workforce
- Passionate about customer support (internal and external)
- Strong analytical skills and experience answering questions with data
- No mortgage experience is needed, just a hunger to learn
Benefits and Perks
- Product Ownership: All employees think like an owner because all employees own equity in the company and play a critical role in making our business great.
- Health Insurance: Our medical, dental, and vision plans are completely free for employee-only coverage, and the company pays 80% of the total premium for dependents.
- Whole-Person Wellness: Anyone can schedule no-cost unlimited virtual therapy sessions, use a monthly subsidy for fitness facilities, and access reimbursements for fertility services.
- Carrot: The leading global fertility benefits provider, built to support employees through their lifelong fertility healthcare journey.
- Retirement Savings. Employees who participate in our “no fee” 401(k) receive an immediately-vested employer match on 100% of contributions up to 3% of compensation.
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, do better for our customers and each other, and support your career journey.
- Flexible Time Off: With no cap on the number of days of PTO each year, employees are encouraged to enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle with work, travel, and family.
- Paid Leaves: You’re immediately eligible for up to 12 weeks of paid leave each year to bond with a new child (mothers & fathers) and up to 8 weeks for medical or caregiver leave so you come back ready to deliver high-impact results.
- Remote-First: We win together while still being fully remote, and each employee receives a stipend for their home office setup and a monthly allowance to help with the cost of internet/phone.
Kiavi in the News:
- Forbes: The Future Of Real Estate: Fintech 50 2019 and Real Estate on a Threshold of a “Moneyball” Moment
- HousingWire: 2019 HW Tech100 Winner: LendingHome
- Pittsburgh Business Times: Voted a “2019 Best Places to Work” and won first runner-up in large company category
- Mortgage Professional America: LendingHome surpasses $5 billion in loans in five years
- Pittsburgh Business Times: San Francisco fintech aggressively expands, looks to hire in Pittsburgh
- Curbed: How Wall Street, Silicon Valley Institutionalized Home Flipping
If you'd like to see more about what Kiavi has to offer or explore additional opportunities, visit our careers page.
Kiavi is an Equal Opportunity Employer
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Police Code, Article 49