Who we are:
K Health is a venture-backed, fast-growing start-up with a mission to use the power of shared knowledge to get everyone access to higher quality, more affordable health care. We’re looking for mission-driven individuals to join our growing team and help us eliminate healthcare inequalities and build a better, healthier future for us all.
Named as one of FastCompany's Most Innovative Health Companies of 2022 and to the 2021 CNBC Disruptor 50 list, K Health is using Artificial Intelligence (AI) to build the smartest digital healthcare platform in existence. Our data-driven app brings together the knowledge of thousands of doctors and the anonymous medical records of millions of people to help diagnose and treat what’s wrong. We offer a free symptom checker and 24/7 access to doctors to ask questions, refill prescriptions, get care for your kids, and more. Right from your phone—no insurance needed.
Since we were founded in 2016, K Health has raised over $270M in VC funding and our Series E funding round brought us to Unicorn status. Our current partners include the Mayo Clinic Platform, Anthem, and Maccabi Health Services.
About the role:
K Health's physician team is scaling, and we are looking for board certified family physicians and emergency medicine physicians interested in joining K Health to provide urgent care and behavioral health care to millions of users! This position will be overnights shifts, and we are looking for clinicians who can commit 20-29 clinical hours per week.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide text-based and video-based, comprehensive clinical care that encompasses urgent care including behavioral health
- Educate patients on appropriate treatments and care plans for their health needs
- Prescribe medication and refills as appropriate
- Elevate remote care; provide compassionate and meaningful care
- Think on your feet to devise creative solutions to problems that arise or escalate, as appropriate
- Perform against challenging goals with a best-in-class team for the efficiency & quality of work
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years of post residency work experience
- Licensed in California
- Board-Certified in Family Medicine or Emergency Medicine
- Experience working remotely in an Urgent Care / Acute Care setting
- Should be tech-savvy, proactive, organized, detail-oriented, and have telemedicine experience
- Clean background and medical malpractice history
Benefits & Perks: #LI-Remote
- Malpractice insurance coverage
- Salaried position
- Work from anywhere in the US
K Health offers competitive compensation packages along with stock options based on industry benchmarks for function, level, and geographic location. Offer amounts are determined by multiple factors such as a candidate's experience and expertise.
We’re deeply committed to building teams as diverse as the patients we serve and strive to cultivate an environment where everyone can bring their most authentic self to work. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our users.
K Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, citizenship, military or veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.