Content Marketing Manager
Khan Lab School (KLS) is an independent, non-profit, mastery-based school founded in 2014 by Sal Khan, founder of Khan Academy and author of the book, The One World Schoolhouse: Education Reimagined. KLS is a community of learners empowering every student to navigate their own path. Our school serves 174 students ages 5-18 at our campus in downtown Mountain View. As a lab school, KLS is a model for innovation in education. Learn more about what makes us different.
Everyday at KLS, incredible stories unfold. As part of a growing movement for change in education, we want to share with the world what a true mastery-based school can be. Many of our families have joined our community because they seek a more personalized learning environment. As our Content Marketing Manager, you will craft stories that are both supportive for our small school community as well as those that can have a larger impact in the world of education. You will use your storytelling skills to also support Admissions and attract new families to join our school. You will join a small, agile team passionate about learning. At KLS we believe everyone is a student and everyone is a teacher.
Reporting to the Director of Strategic Communications & Marketing, you will own all social media channels and the school newsletter, and will produce compelling video, photo, and written stories for multiple audiences. You will have a direct role in helping shape the KLS brand on a global scale and cultivating our community.
- Be the school’s storyteller: document and share our innovation journey by crafting and producing compelling video, photo, and written stories.
- Design the storytelling platform to bring these stories to life.
- Cultivate strong partnerships with teachers, administrators, parents, and students to stay connected with what is happening on our campus and uncovering the next engaging story.
- Manage and update owned media channels including school website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn.
- Deliver daily snapshots on social media and nurture community engagement.
- Produce the school’s weekly e-newsletters for multiple audiences.
- Refresh website content periodically including copy, video, and testimonials.
- Maintain the school’s communications directories and content repositories.
- Manage the communications team’s email account, responding to general inquiries.
- Manage visit requests from outside educators interested in learning about the KLS educational model.
- Help shape content strategy with best practices and continued learning, including both external and internal research (surveys, focus groups, etc).
- 3+ years of experience in producing and managing a wide variety of digital content (does not need to be all professional experience, we believe in passion projects!).
- Must have a portfolio or personal website showcasing creative work including photo and video.
- Design tool expertise (i.e., Adobe Creative Suite)
- A strong enthusiasm for social media and nurturing community engagement.
- Some experience developing content for a strategic campaign with evidence of the effectiveness of your content with key metrics (i.e., Google Analytics, social engagement, etc)
- Excellent written and verbal skills -- you value not only the right words but capturing the right tone as well. Experience in writing blogs is highly desired.
- You are methodical -- a detail-oriented project manager with a bias towards action.
- Relentless positivity and a great collaborator -- you’re the one everyone wants on their team.
- Strong interest in the field of education, bonus points for any experience working with K-12 students
- BA degree or equivalent
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Free lunch, snacks, and coffee
- Khan Lab School tuition discount
SPECIAL SCHOOL EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS
All Khan Lab School employees must undergo criminal background checks and TB risk assessments as mandated by California state law prior to their start date. By submitting an application, you acknowledge that your employment with Khan Lab School would be conditioned on satisfactory background check and completion of the TB risk assessment.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this role, you must submit an online application. Please submit a cover letter addressed to the Khan Lab School Hiring Committee that explains why you would be a great fit for this role, along with your resume.