Khan Academy is looking for an exceptional Senior Market Manager in Peru to forge strong partnerships with a range of private, public and civil sector organizations.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for both building new engagement growth partnerships and managing a set of existing partnerships and projects with a large school system as well as other stakeholders. You'll play a critical role in defining and scaling programs across a myriad of partners including in the public (schools) and private sectors (corporations) to reach our 2 main target segments: Middle/High school Teachers as well as Students.
You’ll work closely with the support of our Head of Spanish Speaking Latin America and internal teams to ensure we meet stakeholders’ needs while holding true to our mission of providing a “free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.” You will develop an in-depth understanding of Khan Academy and our initiatives, and bring a willingness to tackle challenging, complex problems with clear, structured thinking informed by research, analysis and creativity. Please note this is a full-time, independent contractor position based in Lima, Peru.
- Shape and execute partnership strategy to achieve growth targets for Peru
- Own and grow partner relationships in the K-12 and higher education space to position Khan Academy as an essential resource for teachers and their students
- Identify, structure and manage opportunities that drive usage for self-motivated learners
- Provide insights from partner relationships that generates Peruvian learner empathy to inform product, marketing, orgs on building a locally relevant learner experience
- You have experience developing partnerships and managing complex projects in Peru
- You have direct experience in the education sector is highly preferred
- You have strong project management skills, detail oriented, methodical and organized are a must to be successful in this role
- You are excellent at coordinating and communicating internally, so that everyone knows what’s going on and collaborating effectively
- You’re a team player and people love working with you
- You’re a creative problem solver by nature
- You're comfortable working with data and using it to drive decisions
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 8+ years of work experience; a MBA a plus
- You have native or near-native proficiency in Spanish and you are fluent in English
- You’re available to work full time from Lima, Peru with travel to Mountain View, CA
HOW TO APPLY
In addition to sending your resume, please address the following questions in your cover letter
- What is KA’s core product offering?
- What is KA’s distinctive value proposition to learners in Peru? How would you segment and prioritize KA’s target audiences in Peru?
- Understanding that Khan Academy’s high-level KPI is learning time on our platform, tell us what opportunities you see in Peru to significantly drive learning time (in and out of school) over the next 6 to 18 months.
- What would you do to deliver on these opportunities?
- Why do you believe you would be right for this role and organization?
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.