Khan Academy's mission is to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. To fulfill this mission, we are looking for an exceptional Senior Content Manager to guide the work of our Brazilian content team.
In this role, you’ll manage the content localization work that’s already underway and ultimately steer new work to create Brazil-specific content that addresses the needs of the more than 50 million K-12 students in Brazil. You’ll own these efforts but won’t be working in isolation; most efforts will be cross-functional, and many will involve outside partners as well.
- Build and manage the Brazilian team of content contractors, which currently includes translators, localizers, proofreaders and curriculum experts - and will grow to include creators in 2018
- Manage localization of Khan Academy content (videos, exercises and articles) into Portuguese, organizing timelines of contractors, volunteers, external vendors, and freelancers
- Oversee the creation of original Portuguese-language content and design the curriculum roadmap for Brazil-specific subjects
- Develop a pipeline of talented content creators and high-quality content sources (e.g., through competitions, crowd-sourced nominations, etc.) to uphold quality of Brazilian content
- Work with curriculum experts and standard setting bodies to align translated content to Brazilian curriculum standards
- Develop replicable, scalable processes for scoping, creating, and improving several types of content (e.g., videos, articles, quizzes) across multiple content areas (math, science, humanities, etc.)
- Ensure content is of high quality by assembling and working with an advisory board, tracking content performance, and modifying content based on quantitative data and qualitative feedback
- Lead market research and usage analysis to help inform decisions about what content to produce
- You have native level of fluency in Portuguese and fluency in English
- You have an excellent command of high school math, science, or humanities subjects
- You have experience in Brazilian education, ideally with exposure to Base Nacional Comum standards
- You are an experienced people leader who has successfully developed and grown teams with 10+ members
- You are extremely detail-oriented and have ironclad project management skills, including the ability to organize roles and responsibilities on a team and make sure nothing falls through the cracks
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, including a high tolerance for ambiguity, a penchant for experimentation, and a bias towards action
- You’re a people person; you know how to collaborate across teams and organizations as well as manage and resolve conflict
- You’re a problem solver by nature; you’re very comfortable gathering, analyzing, and drawing actionable, novel conclusions based on quantitative and qualitative data
- You’re invigorated by the possibility of helping provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere
- You have 7+ years of work experience in relevant fields including digital media, content creation, consumer internet, or education
- You’re available to work full time from Sao Paulo as a Full-Time Independent Contractor (likely to move to employee in 2018)
- You’re able to travel within Brazil and to Mountain View, CA
HOW TO APPLY
In addition to sending your resume and cover letter please address the following question: At Khan Academy, we believe that reaching all learners requires a Content team that is diverse in every respect, and we are looking for individuals who will help us fulfill our mission by adding to the diversity of our team's experiences, perspectives, and mindsets. With that in mind, tell us briefly how your experiences and perspectives— whether personal, professional, academic or otherwise— could contribute to the diversity of our team.
*Note: Please submit your resume and answer to the question above in English.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.