Khan Academy is a fast-paced, nonprofit startup on a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. We already reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly.
As India Market Research Analyst, you will help us answer questions such as “what user attributes are associated with a higher-value learner, and how do we find them?”, “what channels should we invest in?”, and “how do we prioritize new opportunities using a data driven approach?”
This is the perfect role for someone who wants to continue to grow their technical data skills as well as the strategic thinking and communication skills required to drive decisions that are key to the overall marketing strategy.
- You’ll own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc.
- You’ll build and publish access to the tools and data the marketing team needs, so that every decision they make is backed up with solid data and analysis
- You’ll construct and refine analysis of the learner and teacher lifecycles, from acquisition to usage to retention
- You’ll contribute to the design of well-designed hypotheses and experimentation, and report results on key campaigns and optimization experiments
- You’ll be the voice of data within the organization
- You’ll ensure there is strong analytics input into the evaluation and prioritization of new opportunities
- You’ll design and lead 1-2 user research projects with the help of external partners
- You’ll keep market research updated through quarterly market and competitive analysis
- Master’s degree in Management, Math, Engineering, Finance, Statistics, or related discipline
- 3+ years experience in data science or analytics (or related role), supporting a marketing function; exposure to user research and/or UX is a plus
- Inquisitive mindset, with proven problem solving ability, and a passion for data
- Ability to think strategically (interfacing with senior leaders), while also enjoying being hands-on with the data
- Capable of writing efficient code in at least one programming language
- Advanced SQL skills
- Strong statistical foundations
- Experience in data visualization/reporting software (e.g., Google Data Studio)
- A knack for asking the right questions, then answering them with sound data and analysis
- Strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- You’re willing to travel and available to work full time from our office in New Delhi, India
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.