Khan Academy is a fast-paced, nonprofit startup on a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. We already reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly.
We’re building a library of world-class instructional and practice resources that empowers students throughout their formal education. Whether they’re studying mitosis, monopolies, or the Mahabharata, we want to offer students the resources to realize that they can learn anything.
As the India Localization Manager, you’ll play a key role in bringing Khan Academy content to several Indian languages. You’ll manage the operations of several partner-led localization projects to effectively and efficiently plan, create, and disseminate high-quality Indian content, and you’ll be responsible for ensuring the ongoing quality of this Khan Academy content. You’ll work closely with other members of the Khan Academy India team and the Khan Academy content team, and many other organizations/partners as well.
- Manage and own localization projects of Khan Academy content into several Indian languages (like Kannada, Gujarati, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, etc.)
- Advocate for Khan Academy content principles in India
- Develop scalable processes for hiring, scheduling, and supporting the localization teams in conjunction with state governments and other partners
- Serve as primary point of contact for training and onboarding new translators
- Lead the execution of quality assurance processes for this content and continuously refine those processes over time
- Ensure that locally-produced content is authentically local and maintains the same standard of quality as content produced by Khan Academy
- You’re invigorated by the possibility of helping provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere
- You love languages and are fluent in 2 or more Indian languages
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, including a high tolerance for ambiguity, a penchant for experimentation, and a bias towards action
- You’re a master of process; you can organize roles and responsibilities on a team and make sure nothing falls through the cracks
- You have meticulous attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- You can build and foster trusting and productive relationships across cultural and linguistic lines of difference
- You have strong interest in building replicable and scalable systems and processes
- You’re a problem solver by nature; you’re very comfortable gathering, analyzing, and drawing actionable, novel conclusions based on quantitative and qualitative data
- You have 5+ years of work experience in education related content production, video production, and/or translation management.
- You’re willing to travel and available to work full time from Delhi, India.
HOW TO APPLY
In addition to sending your resume, please address the following question:
Khan Academy is looking to make available its content in multiple languages in partnership with states and non-profit organizations. Describe in not more than 2 pages your approach to support 3-4 localization teams, including an outline of repeatable and scalable processes you would put in place to ensure quality and timely delivery.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.