Help shape the future of education with Khan Academy. We are a nonprofit education technology organization with a mission of providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Today, over 10 million learners, teachers, and parents around the world use Khan Academy each month. But we believe this is just the tip of the iceberg!
In this role you will build and execute plans to attract, engage, and amplify Khan Academy users across global social platforms. Success in this role requires strategic thinking in the social space, both paid and organic, and building ambitious plans and goals executed daily at the highest level. You will need to understand Khan Academy’s growth strategy, and identify why, where, when, and how to engage customers in social media through content, features, integrations, partnerships, and products. You will build and execute campaigns to deliver these and quantify business results with data-driven analyses. You will need to be entrepreneurial and roll up your sleeves. Overall, you will be challenged to push boundaries and propose and execute new ideas.
- Lead digital strategy, planning, content creation, execution, and optimization for Khan Academy’s social media channels
- Drive awareness, advocacy, marketing, and storytelling around Khan Academy’s initiatives and campaigns to engage both current and prospective users
- Build and execute paid and organic social media marketing campaigns across social platforms
- Manage external vendors
- Build social influencer marketing campaigns, including community
- Analyze social activities and their impact on business results
- Define and track KPIs for our social media content strategy, as well as benchmark competitors, tying key social metrics back to core business objectives
- Coordinate, collaborate, and build relationships with other members of the marketing team to create a cohesive marketing program
- Be innovative and push the social media envelope
- 5+ years of demonstrated and progressive success, with substantial experience in social media for a consumer brand
- 2+ years of paid social media experience
- Familiarity with paid and organic tactics on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Tumblr, Pinterest, YouTube, etc.
- Active personal profiles on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and other platforms and a passion for the social sphere
- Demonstrated ability to build, execute, and scale cross-functional marketing programs
- Have a test-and-learn mindset, with the DNA of rapid experimentation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to influence others
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills - ability to use data to develop and measure marketing programs
- A self-starting attitude—ready to seize opportunities to make an impact without needing to be told what to do
- An entrepreneurial mindset, including a high tolerance for ambiguity, a penchant for experimentation, and a bias towards action
- A passion for Khan Academy’s mission
- A willingness to be scrappy, creative, and unconventional
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
- Highly competitive salaries
- Ample paid time off as needed – we’re about getting things done, not face time
- Delicious catered lunch daily plus tons of snacks and beverages
- The opportunity to work on high-impact content that's already defining the future of education and improving students’ lives
- Great location: walking distance to Caltrain and downtown Mountain View
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- Oh, and we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.