As Chief People Officer, you are steward of our most strategic assets: our people and our company culture. Khan Academy’s mission is to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere, and you will be instrumental in helping to create a high performing organization and a great place to work to deliver on that mission. We are fun, diverse, quirky people that come from a variety of backgrounds. Our team includes people from academia, high tech companies, and tiny startups. We’re a growing team of nearly 200, located primarily in Mountain View, CA with many remote workers around the US and the world. You will be contributing at both hands-on and strategic levels, and partnering with the cross-functional leadership team to design and execute a strategy for how we hire, onboard, develop, motivate, and retain our talented team.
The Chief People Officer is broadly responsible for all things related to talent at KA. They are integral to enabling all the employees to deliver their best work toward attaining KA’s mission, while fulfilling their personal aspirations and career ambition. As Chief People Officer, you will:
- Serve as a key member of the Senior Leadership Team, helping to define the overall vision and direction of the organization
- Partner with Senior Leadership Team to identify and deploy impactful people strategies and policies that enable KA to perform effectively and scale efficiently as we grow
- Manage a team of 8 to oversee recruitment, employee lifecycle programs, human resources, and IT
- Improve employee engagement by fostering an inclusive work environment and developing “great place to work” programs
- Provide expertise in the following areas: career planning, coaching, compensation and rewards, employee relations, diversity and inclusion, learning and development, performance management, talent calibration, and recognition programs
- Manage site services, real estate, overall office management, and IT infrastructure
- 15+ years of professional experience, with at least some experience in education, technology, and/or the non-profit sector
- Experience successfully leading or building a People Operations or related team (HR, Recruitment, Staff Development, Compensation & Benefits etc)
- An understanding of the unique challenges related to talent management in the Bay Area and the ability to respond to them effectively
- A clear and systematic approach to prioritizing people-related challenges
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and help the team get work done
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team well!
- Highly competitive salaries and annual bonuses
- Ample paid time off as needed – we are about getting things done, not face time
- Delicious catered lunch daily plus tons of snacks and beverages
- The opportunity to work on high-impact software and programs that are already defining the future of education
- Great location: walking distance to Caltrain and downtown Mountain View
- Awesome team events and weekly board game nights
- The ability to improve real lives
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- Oh, and we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
HOW TO APPLY
- Attach your resume below
- In the space provided below, address the following prompt. At Khan Academy, we believe that reaching all learners requires a team that is diverse in every respect, and we are looking for individuals who will help us fulfill our mission by adding to the diversity of our team's experiences, perspectives, and mindsets. With that in mind, tell us briefly how your experiences and perspectives— whether personal, professional, academic, or otherwise— could contribute to the diversity of our team.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.