ABOUT KHAN ACADEMY
Khan Academy is a fast-paced, nonprofit startup on a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. We already reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly. We’re building a library of world-class instructional and practice resources that empowers learners. We localise our videos and exercises in multiple regional languages. We’re seeking a localization manager to help build our math offering in Assamese.
ABOUT KHAN ACADEMY INDIA
Khan Academy India aims to deliver a world class user experience to learners in India that is locally relevant and is enabled by a strong on-the-ground team and operations. Our learning system is mastery based, which allows students to master key concepts at a pace that’s right for them before moving on to more challenging content. From serving under 500,000 learners in 2016, we are now serving almost 4 million learners a month across our websites, apps and youtube channels. These learners include both independent learners accessing us at home and teacher directed learners in schools. Our focus is to reach the underserved by making our content accessible in local languages. Khan Academy is already available in Hindi, Hinglish, Kannada, Gujarati, Tamil, Bangla and Punjabi.
ABOUT THE INDIA CONTENT TEAM
Our content team in India includes the content creators who make thousands of awesome videos, articles, and practice questions, aligned with the Indian curriculum, to help both teachers and students. We are actively working on content localization in multiple regional languages as well, which means the content you help create will reach a wider number (both nationally and globally), thereby multiplying the impact.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Math expert whose native language is Assamese and is fluent in English. If you are proud of your mathematical abilities, and are well versed in both English as well as in Assamese, then this role is tailor made for you. This is a full-time, year-long contract position.
- Oversee end to end Assamese localization workflow using our translation management tools and systems.
- Drive high quality output from localization partners. Support and resolve queries for the Assamese localization team.
- Evaluating content for standards alignment, cohesion, rigor, clarity, pedagogical approach, and other aspects of quality.
- Creating new content and/or editing content as needed to improve quality based on quantitative data and feedback from users and experts.
- While the role is remote friendly, you will be expected to travel to Assam from time to time to partner with our localization partners.
- Deep knowledge and expertise in math and having great command of English and Assamese language
- Experience working with teams of writers, teachers, or content creators, and you have a track record of successfully coaching teams
- Strong project management skills and are able to think through short and long term strategy as it relates to content creation priorities
- Teaching or tutoring experience at the K-12 or university level, giving you a deep empathy with teachers and classrooms
- You’re a strong communicator, equipped with different strategies for delivering effective feedback and for articulating how to make great ideas and content even better
- Comfort with ambiguity and enthusiastic about experimentation
- A true passion for education and a desire to change the world for the better
PERKS AND BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team like a for-profit.
- Competitive professional fees
- Remote-friendly workplace, i.e. option to work from home
- Fun team events and board game nights!
- Sal’s TED talk from 2011
- Sal’s TED talk from 2015
- A glimpse of our team: http://www.khanacademy.org/about/the-team
- A glimpse of our content created: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylgb8FFMgd4
- Our Hinglish content in action: http://bit.ly/khanacademyyoutube
HOW TO APPLY
- Attach your resume in the space Resume/CV. (required)
- Please address the task mentioned and attach your response. (required)
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.