ABOUT KHAN ACADEMY
Khan Academy is a fast-paced, nonprofit startup on a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. We already reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly. We’re building a library of world-class instructional and practice resources that empowers learners. Whether they’re studying matrices, mitosis, or multivariable calculus, we want to offer students the resources to realise that they can learn anything.
ABOUT THE INDIA CONTENT TEAM
Our content team in India includes the content creators who make thousands of awesome videos, articles, and practice questions, aligned with the Indian curriculum, to help both teachers and students. We are actively working on content localization in other regional languages as well, which means the content you co-create with us will reach a wider number (both nationally and globally), thereby quintupling the impact.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Chemistry expert who can create videos to make a compelling offering for high school (9th to 12th) Chemistry in English. This is a full-time, year-long, remote friendly, contract position.
Get to know all about what we are looking for in this video!
- Taking a comprehensive view of each course, determining where content may need to be added, changed or removed to create a smooth progression or a more cohesive narrative aligned to NCERT.
- Creating new content and/or editing content as needed to improve quality based on quantitative data and qualitative feedback from users and experts.
- Working closely with the rest of the content team to ensure high quality work overall e.g. peer review others’ work, share best practices, help brainstorm ideas.
- Deep knowledge and expertise in Chemistry (an advanced Chemistry degree or teaching certification).
- Great intuition for how students learn Chemistry and insight into common misconceptions.
- Familiar with CBSE/NCERT curricula and teaching methods.
- Experience creating learner-facing content, ideally in an online environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
- Computer skills (e.g. familiarity with Google docs) and a willingness to learn how to use new tools.
- A passion for education and a desire to change the world!
A PLUS IF YOU HAVE
- Familiarity with Camtasia studios or similar editing products, digital pen and tablet image creation and knowledge of image file sharing and integration.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team like a for-profit.
- Competitive pay
- Remote-friendly workplace, i.e. option to work from home
- Flexible schedules and required time off to ensure you are well-rested
- Fun team events and board game nights!
- Sal’s TED talk from 2011
- Sal’s TED talk from 2015
- A glimpse of our team: http://www.khanacademy.org/about/the-team
- A glimpse of our content created: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gcBVaCIKhE
- Our Hinglish content in action: http://bit.ly/khanacademyyoutube
HOW TO APPLY
- Attach your Resume in the space provided below (required)
- Please address the below-mentioned TASK and attach your response in the space provided below in PDF format. (required)
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.