About Khan Academy
Khan Academy is a nonprofit on a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. We already reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly. We’re building a library of high-quality instructional and practice resources that empowers learners and the teachers who support them. Whether they’re studying metaphors, mitosis, Marbury v. Madison, or multivariable calculus, we want to offer students the resources to realize that they can learn anything.
We are looking for a passionate Senior Product Manager to help us change the world. We’ve built a talented team of people from a variety of backgrounds. We believe that the best way to provide impactful education is to create a diverse team of people from different backgrounds, races, religions, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and experiences. Together, we’re a team that is deeply invested in your future. We believe that no other organization will be as invested in developing you as a professional.
About Khan Academy’s Test Prep Products
Our Test Prep Product team works with our partners, the test makers, to conceive, design and build test preparation products for high stakes exams including the SAT, LSAT, and the Praxis Core. We believe that it is critically important to level the playing field for all learners, but especially those in high-need / historically under-resourced communities, by providing free access to world class test prep experience for high-stakes exams. Our products help students focus on the content they should be learning through an engaging user experience that is supported by instruction, practice problems, and tips and strategies for exam taking. Our goal is to reduce the inherent stress of these exams by helping students be as prepared as possible - via goal setting, scheduling, learning, and practicing the content in both untimed and timed settings. Our existing products are built on a platform which we are expanding to serve other high stakes exams around the world.
What you'll do:
- Be responsible for delivering our Official SAT Practice (OSP), LSAT, and Praxis products that will support both independent and classroom learners by prioritizing requirements, writing user stories / creating cases, external partner management, and working closely with our design, content, engineering, marketing, and efficacy teams.
- Collaborate with design and engineering partners to develop the product strategy and vision for the test prep business overall.
- Collaborate with business development to develop our strategy for the test prep market going forward, identifying additional markets, customers, and tests to support.
- Partner with the strategic partnerships and content teams on product planning and roadmapping to achieve desired business outcomes for each of the test prep products.
- Collaborate with our partnerships team to maintain and develop strong relationships with our external partners (test makers).
- Be a customer-centric product manager who is passionate about our mission and excels at execution.
You may be a good fit if
- You have been refining your skills as a product manager for 5-7+ years and you have experience setting a compelling long-term vision for a product line and successfully executing on it
- You are a team player who partners well with design and engineering to co-lead product definition and delivery
- You are an exceptional communicator who enjoys leading through influence and collaborating across functions and leadership levels to establish and deliver on shared goals
- You have a positive mindset and you are energized by ambiguity and bringing clarity and structure to new opportunities
- You are outcome oriented, you can articulate the desired outcome for an initiative and work collaboratively to create a path to achieve it
- You have experience building strong, long-lasting external partnerships and creating mutually beneficial outcomes
- You have a level of technical fluency that allows you to engage with engineering teams to help bring results to market at scale
- You are a strong customer advocate with deep understanding and empathy for our test-taking users and those who support them. We focus on historically under-resourced students & schools, so if your own experience mirrors this, that would be very valuable in this role.
- You are are highly skilled in partner management and can work with external stakeholders toward creating mutually beneficial solutions in a productive manner
- You are data driven such that you are able to analyze problems and evaluate solutions based on data
- You are located near our headquarters in Mountain View, CA or able to work on-site at least 3 days per week (post-covid as our office is currently closed)
Want to know more about us?
- Sal’s TED talk from 2011
- Sal’s TED talk from 2015
- You Can Learn Anything: https://www.khanacademy.org/youcanlearnanything
- Our team: http://www.khanacademy.org/about/the-team
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.