ABOUT KHAN ACADEMY
Khan Academy is a fast-paced, nonprofit startup on a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. We already reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly. We’re building a library of world-class instructional and practice resources that empowers learners. We localise our videos and exercises in multiple regional languages. We’re seeking a localization manager to help build our math offering in Marathi.
ABOUT THE INDIA CONTENT TEAM
Our content team in India includes the content creators who make thousands of awesome videos, articles, and practice questions, aligned with the Indian curriculum, to help both teachers and students. We are actively working on content localization in multiple regional languages as well, which means the content you help create will reach a wider number (both nationally and globally), thereby multiplying the impact.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Math expert whose native language is Marathi and is fluent in English. If you are proud of your mathematical abilities, and are well versed in both English as well as in Marathi, then this role is tailor made for you. This is a full-time, year long contract position.
- Evaluating content for standards alignment, cohesion, rigor, clarity, pedagogical approach, and other aspects of quality.
- Creating new content and/or editing content as needed to improve quality based on quantitative data and feedback from users and experts.
- Oversee end to end language localization workflow using our translation management tools and systems.
- Identify and manage project risk through prioritization, bug management, and any other means necessary.
- Drive high quality output from localization partners. Support and resolve queries for the Marathi localization team.
- Recreation of video and text content in Marathi as and when required and proof-reading and reviewing the created videos and translated strings.
- Deep knowledge and expertise in math having a great command of English and Marathi language.
- Experience working with teams of writers, teachers, or content creators and you have a track record of successfully coaching teams.
- Strong project management skills and is able to think through short and long term strategy as it relates to content creation priorities.
- Teaching or tutoring experience at the K-12 or university level, giving you a deep empathy with teachers and classrooms.
- Strong communication skills, equipped with different strategies for delivering effective feedback and for articulating how to make great ideas and content even better.
- Comfort with ambiguity and enthusiastic about experimentation.
- A true passion for education and a desire to change the world for the better.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team like a for-profit.
- Competitive salaries
- Remote-friendly workplace, i.e. option to work from home
- Fun team events and board game nights!
- Sal’s TED talk from 2011
- Sal’s TED talk from 2015
- A glimpse of our team: http://www.khanacademy.org/about/the-team
- A glimpse of our content created: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylgb8FFMgd4
- Our Hinglish content in action: http://bit.ly/khanacademyyoutube
HOW TO APPLY
- Attach your Resume in the space provided below (required)
- Please address the below-mentioned TASK and attach your response in the space provided below (required)
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.