ABOUT KHAN ACADEMY
Khan Academy is a fast-paced, nonprofit startup on a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. We reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly. We’re building a library of world-class instructional and practice resources that empowers learners. Whether they’re studying matrices, mitosis, or multivariable calculus, we want to offer students the resources to realize that they can learn anything.
ABOUT KHAN ACADEMY INDIA
Khan Academy India aims to deliver a world class user experience that is locally relevant to learners in India and is enabled by a strong on-the-ground team and operations. Our learning system is mastery based, which allows students to master key concepts at a pace that is right for them before moving on to more challenging content. From serving under 500,000 learners in 2016, we are now serving almost 4 million learners a month across our websites, apps and youtube channels. These learners include both independent learners accessing us at home and teacher directed learners in schools. Our focus is to reach the underserved by making our content accessible in local languages and by working with large public school systems. Khan Academy is available in Hindi, Hinglish, Kannada, Gujarati, Bangla, Tamil and Punjabi.
ABOUT THE INDIA SCHOOL ENABLEMENT TEAM
In line with our focus to reach the underserved, we partner with school systems to enable teachers and students to optimally utilise the tools and resources on the Khan Academy platform for improving student learning outcomes. With a small team of just 4-5 members, we have been able to reach around a million students so far by partnering with 3000+ schools across various states and school systems (public and private). We support teachers and administrators through training resources and live sessions, webinars and by enabling peer-to-peer sharing. We learn and constantly iterate by gathering feedback and through data-backed insights and efficacy studies.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Project Manager to lead our program implementation with large school systems.
In this role you would:
- Work with school leaders to help them plan the rollout of the implementation. You would also assist them throughout the implementation to take the right decisions based on data-backed insights.
- Work with the rest of the team at Khan Academy India to ensure timely and successful delivery of our program and services.
- Proactively identify avenues for increasing the success of teachers and students with our programs.
- Build our learning muscle through analysing qualitative feedback from the school system and through data.
- Help build capacity within the school system for a scalable and sustainable implementation.
- Balance both short-term execution and strategic planning towards the success of the program.
- Be available to work full time from our office in New Delhi (once we resume working from office) and would be willing to travel.
You would be a great fit for the role if you are:
- A solid project manager – you have successfully managed complex projects from inception to completion. You understand how to define scope, set clear goals and ensure they are met within timelines while ensuring high quality outcomes.
- A skilled people manager – you can work with multiple teams simultaneously and know how to coordinate dependencies between them without needing formal authority.
- Comfortable working with data – you are skilled at working with large volumes of data, identifying trends and drawing evidence-based conclusions. You are equally comfortable analysing qualitative insights and adjusting partnership plans accordingly.
- Have great communication skills – you can address different audiences using audience-appropriate language to communicate clearly and efficiently in multiple formats, including email, written documents, digital presentations and verbal conversations. Being multilingual is a plus.
- A quick learner; you immerse yourself in new problems and quickly get up to speed.
- Someone with an entrepreneurial mindset, including a high tolerance for ambiguity, a penchant for experimentation and a bias toward action.
- You are willing to roll up your sleeves and help the team get work done as we grow.
- Someone with 3+yrs of work experience. Having been an educator is an added advantage.
- Passionate about education and have a strong desire to change the world for the better.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team like a for-profit.
- Competitive salaries
- Remote-friendly workplace; Flexible schedules
- Health and wellness benefits
- Professional development opportunities
- Paid time off and parental leave
- Fun team events and board game nights!
HOW TO APPLY
- Attach your Resume or Linkedin URL in the space provided below. (required) AND
- Please address the below-mentioned TASK* (details below) and attach your response in the space provided below. (required)
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.