Help shape the future of education with Khan Academy. We are a nonprofit education technology organization with a mission of providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Today, over 19 million learners, teachers, and parents around the world use Khan Academy each month. But we believe this is just the tip of the iceberg!
Khan Academy is looking for an exceptional Marketing Program Manager to spark the joy of learning and help students build skills by supporting our winter and spring marketing programs and campaigns.
In this role you’ll be responsible for supporting various marketing efforts including the development and promotion of our distance learning resources, and the planning and execution of our spring school engagement campaign, and support general marketing efforts for Khan Academy and Khan Academy Kids! You’ll play a critical role in planning, execution, performance analysis and be on point to coordinate cross functionally with key stakeholders.
- Manage all aspects related to planning, coordination and execution of our spring campaign.
- Lead cross functional coordination across key functional areas such as product management, engineering, design, channel marketing and user support.
- Develop, execute and iterate user acquisition and engagement campaign strategy.
- Measure and track the effectiveness of program investments; provide analysis and recommendations on how to improve ROI.
Distance Learning Resources
- Manage the creation and promotion of additional distance learning resources to support parents and students.
- Measure and track the effectiveness of content.
Support Khan Academy Kids marketing programs
- Support the Marketing lead with the soft launch of new Khan Academy Kids content including execution and reporting of monthly metrics.
- Partner with the channel managers on testing new awareness and acquisition efforts.
YOU MAY BE A GOOD FIT IF YOU HAVE
- Experience in strategic thinking with a bias towards action; deals with ambiguity with structure
- Experience with marketing channels, marketing analytics, messaging and audiences
- Strong project management skills, detail oriented, methodical and organized are a must to be successful in this role
- Excellence in coordinating, influencing and communicating internally, so that everyone knows what’s going on and collaborating effectively
- Comfort with data, can go get the data you need, and can turn it into an insightful story
- 3 + years program management experience; managing complex projects
- Strong empathy for educators and are passionate about developing marketing programs to better support their needs and leverage their critical skill set; teaching experience or previous work in an academic context a plus
- A collaborative and thoughtful spirit who people enjoy working with
- This is a full-time, 6 month limited temporary/contract position.
- This position is remote-friendly
- Competitive pay
- You have the option to enroll in benefits through our contract partner TargetCW. These include: medical, dental, vision, retirement savings, and a flexible spending account. Dependents may also be added to these benefits.
- Paid sick leave (dependent on your location)
- Paid company holidays
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- The ability to improve real lives and the opportunity to work on high-impact software and programs that are already defining the future of education
- Affinity groups where parents, Black and Latinx, women and gender minorities, and LGBTQ+ identified folks support one another
HOW TO APPLY
- Attach your resume below
- Answer the following question in the space provided: Briefly describe a marketing campaign or program that you supported. What was your role in the campaign? The goal? The result?