About Khan Academy
Khan Academy is a nonprofit startup on a mission to provide a free, world-class education to anyone, anywhere. We already reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly. We’re building a library of high-quality instructional and practice resources that empowers learners and the teachers who support them. Whether they’re studying metaphors, mitosis, Marbury v. Madison, or multivariable calculus, we want to offer students the resources to realize that they can learn anything.
About the Content Platform
Our content platform team conceives, designs and builds the authoring, publishing and translation tools used by the content creators who make our videos, articles, and practice questions, and curate the content into courses. Serving our own internal content team as well as advocates around the world who translate content into more than 59 languages, the content platform powers the heart of the Khan Academy learning experience.
About the Senior Content Platform Product Manager Role
We’re looking for a customer-centric product manager who is passionate about our mission and excels at execution. In this role, you’ll be responsible for distilling content creator needs into product opportunities; evolving the content platform to support new product initiatives; and collaborating with a team of developers and designers to deliver a scalable, performant, extensible platform.
Content is at the core of Khan Academy’s overall product, so this role requires a highly collaborative and cross-functional mindset. By co-creating offerings alongside Content Creators, Designers, Engineers, and fellow PMs responsible for the learner and teacher experience, you’ll ensure Khan launches cohesive offerings that are engaging and efficacious, globally.
- Set a compelling long-term vision for the Content Platform
- Define the strategy and create goals to realize the team’s vision of a scalable, performant, globally extensible platform
- Lead the ideation, research, design, development and launch of user-centric products in partnership with engineers, product designers, and content creators
- Challenge the status quo and inspire people toward a unified outcome
- Understand user needs; identify and define product requirements
- Collaborate, coordinate, and build alignment with adjacent product teams and cross-functional partners
- Communicate concisely and influence outcomes
- Define and analyze metrics that inform product success & health
- 5+ years software product management or equivalent experience, serving internal customers with complex needs in a changing business environment
- Out-of-the-box thinking paired with strong execution
- Self-motivated, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem solver - able to identify real obstacles and viable solutions
- Data driven - able to analyze problems and evaluate solutions based on data
- Outcome oriented - articulate the desired outcome and work collaboratively to create a path to achieve it
- Strong customer advocate with deep understanding and empathy for internal users
- Operates with business rigor: asks hard questions, validates assumptions, connects the dots
- Passion for great design: you should know what works, what doesn't, and why
- Experience serving international customers & understanding the complexities of localization is a big plus
About our benefits
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team extremely well!
- Competitive salaries and annual bonuses
- Ample paid time off as needed – we are about getting things done, not face time
- Generous parental leave
- Flexible work and time-off schedules to encourage work-family balance and holidays
- Delicious catered lunch daily plus lots of snacks and beverages
- Great location: short walking distance to Caltrain and downtown Mountain View. We have a preference for this candidate to work from our office in Mountain View, CA; but for the right candidate and fit, we are open to remote arrangements.
- Awesome team events, on-sites and off-sites, company parties and BBQs, and weekly board game nights
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- The ability to improve real lives and the opportunity to work on high-impact software and programs that are already defining the future of education
- Affinity groups where parents, Black and Latinx, women and gender minorities, and LGBT+ identified folks support one another
- And we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
- Sal’s TED talk from 2011
- Sal’s TED talk from 2015
- You Can Learn Anything: https://www.khanacademy.org/youcanlearnanything
- Our team: http://www.khanacademy.org/about/the-team