About Khan Academy
Khan Academy is a nonprofit on a mission to provide a free, world-class education to anyone, anywhere. We already reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly. We’re building a library of high-quality instructional and practice resources that empowers learners and the teachers who support them. Whether they’re studying metaphors, mitosis, Marbury v. Madison, or multivariable calculus, we want to offer students the resources to realize that they can learn anything.
About the Compensation and Benefits Manager Role
The Compensation and Benefits Manager is responsible for supporting the Khan Academy Total Rewards strategy by providing expertise and leadership in designing, evaluating, analyzing, implementing, and administering compensation and benefit programs that align to Khan Academy’s strategy and are designed to attract, reward, and retain highly qualified employees.
Lead, analyze, design, and implement the organization's compensation and benefit programs including, but not limited to, job structures (profiles/leveling/laddering), salary administration, long term incentive programs, executive compensation, health and welfare plans, retirement plans (401k), HR automation tools.
- Understand market conditions and best practices and apply to total rewards philosophy, strategic plans, and organizational changes to ensure compensation and benefit policies and programs are aligned; partners with stakeholders to develop and implement creative and proactive solutions to remain competitive and compliant
- Develop strategy and recommend approach relative to market survey administration, job evaluation, benefit program evaluation, and ad-hoc analysis; oversee the design of compensation and benefit structures
- Manage technology, tools, and systems to support compensation and benefit related activities and serve as subject matter expert for HR tools; system integration experience is a bonus
- Manage the development of communication materials and lead training related to compensation and benefit programs as needed
- Oversee payment calculations for compensation and benefit programs/processes
- Partner with all levels of leadership, payroll, finance, vendors, inside and outside legal counsel, and government agencies
- Proactively seek out and maintain a working knowledge of legislation that may affect compensation and benefit policies/practices, reviews trends, and/or advancements in technology to develop recommendations and execute changes and improvements
- Manage contingent workforce, across multiple countries
- Manage immigration & I9 administration
- Leave administration (with help of leave consultant)
- 7+ Years of Experience
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP), Global Renumeration Professional (GRP), Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) or Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) designation preferred
- Experience with HRIS and HR automation tools, and data integration between tools
- Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively present info to internal/ external audiences
- Strong process and project management skills
- Principle & policy mindset
- Able to partner effectively with internal teams, and to manage external vendors
- Experience with international compensation & benefit programs/ structures, a plus
- Able to work from our office in Mountain View, CA
About our benefits
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team extremely well!
- Highly competitive salaries and annual bonuses
- Ample paid time off as needed – we are about getting things done, not face time
- Generous parental leave
- Flexible work and time-off schedules to encourage work-family balance and holidays
- Delicious catered lunch daily plus lots of snacks and beverages
- Great location: short walking distance to Caltrain and downtown Mountain View.
- Awesome team events, on-sites and off-sites, company parties and BBQs, and weekly board game nights
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- The ability to improve real lives and the opportunity to work on high-impact software and programs that are already defining the future of education
- Affinity groups where parents, Black and Latinx, women and gender minorities, and LGBT+ identified folks support one another
- And we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
How to apply
- Attach your resume to the job posting on our Khan Careers page
- Address the following prompt in the space provided below: We believe that reaching all learners requires a team that is diverse in every respect, and we are looking for individuals who will help us fulfill our mission by adding to the diversity of our team’s experiences, perspectives, and mindsets. With that in mind, tell us briefly how your experiences and perspectives - whether personal, professional, academic, or in your own classroom - would contribute to the diversity of our team and our ability to understand and address the needs of all learners.
- Sal’s TED talk from 2011
- Sal’s TED talk from 2015
- You Can Learn Anything: https://www.khanacademy.org/youcanlearnanything
- Our team: http://www.khanacademy.org/about/the-team
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.