About Khan Academy
Khan Academy is a nonprofit on a mission to provide a free, world-class education to anyone, anywhere. We already reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly. We’re building a library of high-quality instructional and practice resources that empowers learners and the teachers who support them.
About the Senior Marketing Program Manager Role
To reach students, teachers, and parents around the world, we are building the capability to scale our marketing efforts. Khan Academy is looking for an exceptional Marketing Program Manager to spark the joy of learning and help students build skills by running end to end our flagship in-school marketing campaign in the US; lead coordination of marketing campaigns globally.
In this role you’ll be responsible for driving LearnStorm -- our biggest marketing campaign of the year with over one million students participating globally in 2019! You’ll play a critical role in planning, execution, performance analysis and be on point to coordinate cross functionally with stakeholders in Mountain View and globally. You’ll also help lead the process to design, develop and rollout globally future campaigns, including a new LearnStorm for 2021.
- Manage all aspects related to planning, coordination and execution of LearnStorm, our back to school campaign in the US, and support LearnStorm globally
- Create, develop, set strategy and rollout globally future in-school campaigns to increase engagement with teachers to drive usage of Khan in classrooms
- Lead cross functional coordination across key functional areas such as product management, engineering, design, channel marketing and user support
- Develop, execute and iterate user acquisition and engagement campaign strategy
- Measure and track the effectiveness of program investments; provide analysis and recommendations on how to improve ROI
- Drive global operational mechanics optimization for campaigns by deploying tools and processes that maintain quality and flexibility while increasing cross-functional efficiencies
- Strategic thinker with bias towards action; deals with ambiguity with structure
- Proficient with marketing channels, marketing analytics, messaging and audiences
- Extremely strong project management skills, detail oriented, methodical and organized are a must to be successful in this role
- Excellent at coordinating, influencing and communicating internally, so that everyone knows what’s going on and collaborating effectively
- Comfortable with data, can go get the data you need, and can turn it into an insightful story
- 5+ years program management experience; managing complex projects
- You have strong empathy for educators and are passionate about developing marketing programs to better support their needs and leverage their critical skill set; teaching experience or previous work in an academic context a plus
- You’re kind, collaborative, and a team player; people love working with you
- Availability to work full-time from Mountain View, CA is preferred
About our benefits
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team extremely well!
- Highly competitive salaries and annual bonuses
- Ample paid time off as needed – we are about getting things done, not face time
- Generous parental leave
- Flexible work and time-off schedules to encourage work-family balance and holidays
- Delicious catered lunch daily plus lots of snacks and beverages
- Great location: short walking distance to Caltrain and downtown Mountain View. We have a preference for this candidate to work from our office in Mountain View, CA; but for the right candidate and fit, we are open to remote arrangements.
- Awesome team events, on-sites and off-sites, company parties and BBQs, and weekly board game nights
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- The ability to improve real lives and the opportunity to work on high-impact software and programs that are already defining the future of education
- Affinity groups where parents, Black and Latinx, women and gender minorities, and LGBT+ identified folks support one another
- And we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
How to apply
- Attach your resume to the job posting on our Khan Careers page
- Please address the following question:
What makes you a great fit for this role?
- Sal’s TED talk from 2011
- Sal’s TED talk from 2015
- You Can Learn Anything: https://www.khanacademy.org/youcanlearnanything
- Our team: http://www.khanacademy.org/about/the-team
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.