About Khan Academy
Khan Academy is a fast-paced, nonprofit startup on a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. We already reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly. We’re building a library of world-class instructional and practice resources that empowers learners. Whether they’re studying matrices, mitosis, or multivariable calculus, we want to offer students the resources to realize that they can learn anything.
About the India Content Team
Our content team in India includes the content creators who make our videos, articles, and practice questions, aligned with Indian curriculum, to help both teachers and students. They are creating courses with thousands of videos, practice exercises and articles, in conversational Hindi (i.e. ‘Hinglish’), and English. This approach reduces the cognitive load on many learners when they are trying to understand a difficult concept while listening to a non-native language at the same time. We are actively working on content localisation in other regional languages as well.
About the Content Operations Manager Role
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic, and detail-oriented person to support the short- and long-term strategic vision of Khan India’s content offerings, by managing partnerships, and developing & executing efficient processes.
- Project management maintenance and improvements to support new content and localization teams in India;
- Hire and onboard vendors and contractors;
- Ensuring effective communication, both within (the content team), and across the teams;
- Scope the risks involved in projects and set up practical response plans;
- Develop replicable, scalable processes for managing content creation for several types of content (e.g., videos, articles, quizzes) across multiple content areas (math, science etc.);
- Ensure content is of high quality by assembling and working with an advisory board, tracking content performance, and modifying content based on quantitative data and qualitative feedback.
You have a lot of expertise, experience, and qualities that aren’t often found together, including:
- You are extremely detail-oriented and have ironclad project management skills, including the ability to organize and manage workflows, establish priorities for the team/ projects, and make sure nothing falls through the cracks;
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, including a high tolerance for ambiguity, a penchant for experimentation, and a bias towards action;
- You are able to create and execute processes that set the content team up for success;
- You understand processes, and can suggest suitable changes to make the processes scalable, effective and efficient;
- You are a strong communicator, equipped with different strategies for delivering effective feedback and for articulating how to make great ideas and content even better;
- You can efficiently hire, onboard, and manage external partners/ vendors;
- You are comfortable using Content Management Systems, task management tools (like Jira, Confluence, or Trello), and other relevant tools;
- You think expansively about your “team,” with a history of working collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve shared success in organisation goals and projects;
- You’re applying because you have a true passion for education and a desire to change the world for the better.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible schedules and required time off to ensure you are well-rested
- Comprehensive insurance (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Delicious lunches daily
- Paid parental leave
- Remote-friendly workplace
- Fun team events and board game nights!
- Sal’s TED talk from 2011
- Sal’s TED talk from 2015
- A glimpse of our team: http://www.khanacademy.org/about/the-team
How to apply
- Attach your resume or LinkedIn URL in the space provided below.
- Please address the following question, and attach your response in the space provided below:
- Based on your past experience, and understanding of the requirements for this position, please tell us why you are best suited for this role.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.