Khan Academy is a fast-paced, nonprofit startup on a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. We already reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly. We’re building a library of world-class instructional and practice resources that empowers learners. Whether they’re studying matrices, mitosis, or multivariable calculus, we want to offer students the resources to realize that they can learn anything.
We’re seeking an entrepreneurial person to lead strategy and execution of our philanthropy efforts in India.
As the Philanthropy Lead, you will:
- Work with Khan Academy India board of directors and CEO to define philanthropic strategy, plan and pipeline
- Steward deeper alignment with our existing donors through periodic strategic joint reviews, working with cross-functional teams at Khan
- Understand Khan Academy product and strategic vision and translate it into meaningful giving opportunity for prospective donors
- Lead philanthropic solicitation efforts on behalf of the organization including writing of foundation and philanthropic donor proposals, solicitation materials, and representing Khan at conferences and networking events
- Work in coordination with the finance and program teams to ensure timely reporting based on donor expectations
- 10+ years of overall experience, including 2-3 years in a leadership position in non-profits, foundations, or corporate CSR function
- A demonstrated ability to craft short- and long-term strategy
- Strong project management experience, with a bias toward action
- Meticulous attention to detail and impeccable communication skills
- A passion for education and a desire to change the world
HOW TO APPLY
- Attach your resume below.
- Address the following prompt in the space provided below: In 1-2 pages, describe your strategy and recommendations for Khan Academy India to broaden its donor base, identify critical success factors and support you will need to execute this strategy.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.