Khan Academy is looking for a passionate IT Administrator to help change education – join us on our mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
We’ve built a talented global team from a variety of backgrounds. Our team includes industry leaders from Google, Apple, Mozilla, Pixar, and Intuit, as well as folks from tiny startups and from non-traditional backgrounds. Together, we’re a team that is deeply invested in your future. We believe that no organization will be as invested in developing you as a professional.
Currently, we’re hiring an IT Administrator to join our IT team in the Mountain View office. You'll help local & remote staff by providing desktop support, system and network administration. Ultimately, you'll be part of helping millions of learners around the world unlock their full potential.
What you'll do:
- Image/setup laptops and other devices (Mac and PC)
- Answer support requests and deliver the most effective solutions
- Support various cloud-based applications, primarily on Google Cloud Platform
- Onboard & off-board employees accounts, assigning appropriate roles and permissions
- Setup & run A/V for company-wide meetings
- Support meeting-room A/V equipment and services
- Inventory hardware and software
- Monitor and maintain network to ensure optimal operation
- Optimize our IT infrastructure, including automating tasks and streamlining workflows
- Collaborate with your peers to level up yourself and others, to improve your ability to provide effective solutions, and to achieve higher quality level of service
- Help manage employee access control to our IT resources
You should have:
- 8+ years experience providing desktop support and system administration (certifications a plus)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- A can-do attitude
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- G Suite Administration experience
- Google Cloud Platform experience
- Device management experience
- Scripting experience
- Experience supporting MacOS, Windows, Linux, iOS, Android operating systems and apps
- LAN, WAN, and WLAN administration
- Experience implementing, supporting and maintaining cloud-based IT services
- Excitement about helping Khan Academy bring a free, world-class education to the world
- Empathy for learners around the world. You love learning and are excited about helping others learn to love learning. You’re motivated to learn new things and share what you learn with the world.
- Strong communication, thoughtfulness, and desire to give and receive regular feedback- including the ability to work in tight-knit teams that flourish from communicating regularly.
- Strong desire to help define and implement IT policies for best practices across the organization.
We offer the following benefits:
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our team well!
The opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world.
Competitive salaries and annual bonuses.
Ample paid time off as needed. We’ll support you in maintaining a healthy life-work balance.
Delicious catered lunch every day, plus tons of snacks and beverages.
An inclusive, excited, and friendly team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant.
A great location – we’re only 0.5 miles from the Caltrain and downtown Mountain View. We also pay for remote employees to fly out a few times a year, and our San Francisco dwellers are encouraged to work from home a few days a week to save the commute time.
Awesome team events and weekly board game nights.
Oh, and we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life.
How to apply:
Attach your resume below
At Khan Academy, we believe that reaching all learners requires an engineering team that is diverse in every respect, and we are looking for individuals who will help us fulfill our mission by adding to the diversity of our team's experiences, perspectives, and mindsets. With that in mind, tell us briefly how your experiences and perspectives— whether personal, professional, academic, or otherwise— could contribute to the diversity of our team.
To learn more about our work:
As an organization and as individuals, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical conditions, genetic information, disability, or Veteran status. We strongly encourage all candidates to complete the EEOC questions below so that we can continue to monitor our processes and ensure we are creating an environment that allows candidates to feel comfortable and display their best selves across many lines of difference.