Khan Academy's mission is to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. To fulfill this mission, we are looking for an exceptional Spanish Localization Program Coordinator to lead localization work for our Spanish site, which is used by millions of students in the US, Mexico, Peru, and the rest of the Spanish speaking world.
In this role, you’ll report directly to the Senior Spanish Content Manager who oversees all new and existing content on our Spanish site. As the Localization Program Coordinator, you’ll work closely with the translation team based in Mexico to coordinate their work and track progress, monitor user feedback on Spanish content, and create and implement a process to ensure quality Spanish content, as well as implement the Khan Academy volunteer translator program in Spanish. You’ll own these efforts but won’t be working in isolation; most efforts will be in coordination with the Spanish Content Manager and many will be cross-functional and/or involve outside partners.
- Optimize processes for prioritizing, tracking and forecasting localization for several types of academic content (e.g., videos, articles, exercises) across multiple content areas (math, science, humanities, etc.)
- Ensure content is of high quality by tracking content performance, implementing best practices, and modifying content based on quantitative data and qualitative feedback
- Work closely with the Senior Content Manager to fulfill the needs of our Spanish users in the US and other Spanish-speaking countries, primarily Mexico and Peru
- Coordinate with other Khan Academy teams such as Marketing/Business Development and Product to successfully fulfill their localization needs, as well as maintain strong, constructive working relationships with outside partners.
- A native level of fluency in Spanish and fluency in English
- 3+ years of localization work experience in relevant fields including digital media, content creation, or consumer internet
- To be extremely detail-oriented and have strong project management skills, including the ability to make sure nothing falls through the cracks
- An entrepreneurial mindset, including a high tolerance for ambiguity, a penchant for experimentation, and a bias towards action
- To be a people person; you know how to collaborate across teams and organizations as well as manage and resolve conflict
- To be a problem solver by nature; you’re very comfortable gathering and analyzing data, and drawing actionable conclusions
- To be invigorated by the possibility of helping provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere
- To be available to have a full-time workload, in person in Mountain View, CA, or remotely
- To be able to travel to Mexico, Peru, and Mountain View, CA (if remote), with expectations of travel a few times per year.
Nice to have
- Experience as an educator
- Cultural knowledge of Mexico or Peru
HOW TO APPLY
In addition to sending your resume and cover letter please address the following question: At Khan Academy, we believe that reaching all learners requires a Content team that is diverse in every respect, and we are looking for individuals who will help us fulfill our mission by adding to the diversity of our team's experiences, perspectives, and mindsets. With that in mind, tell us briefly how your experiences and perspectives— whether personal, professional, academic, or otherwise— could contribute to the diversity of our team.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.