At Khan Academy, we have an incredible mission--“to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere”--and we need an incredible team to accomplish it. Today, over 18 million learners, teachers, and parents around the world use Khan Academy each month. But we believe this is just the tip of the iceberg!
We are looking for a positive, organized, and dependable donor operations and stewardship associate to join our team. The donor operations and stewardship associate will provide comprehensive operational support for the philanthropy team to ensure accurate reporting, tracking and stewardship and will provide communication support to enhance overall donor experience. The position reports to the donor communications lead.
The donor operations and stewardship associate manages and maintains philanthropy reporting and tracking systems including CRM systems, campaign fundraising tracking, and reconciliation with the finance team to ensure accurate reporting and stewardship. The associate will maintain and improve donor records across various systems and calendars and will ensure appropriate donor acknowledgment and grant reporting. The associate will be responsible for logistical details for philanthropy functions such as coordinating events, invitations, materials, and any event follow-ups. Occasionally the associate will conduct research and provide donor briefing materials.
The donor associate is responsible for writing and producing foundational communication materials for Khan Academy donors. These communication materials include but aren’t limited to producing first drafts of fundraising emails, donor stewardship touchpoints like newsletters, maintaining accurate content on volunteer leadership and responding to incoming questions and concerns from our donor community. To do this the associate will manage email lists, produce emails within Khan Academy email systems and mail physical touchpoints like acknowledgement / appreciation letters and small gifts.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience)
- 3-5 years of experience
- Experience with donor operations, such as donor database management
- Ability to take initiative as well as direction
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritizing effectively and coordinating many details and logistics
- Demonstrated excellent written communication, including ability to interface directly with donors via email and to produce polished and compelling mass fundraising emails
- Strong oral communication skills
- Passion for the mission and to understand and communicate about our work
- Relish managing and tracking details
- Ability to manage projects across team members and functions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Friendly and professional demeanor with a client/customer service orientation
- Basic HTML and Google Suite
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team well!
- Competitive salaries and annual bonuses
- Ample paid time off as needed – we are about getting things done, not face time
- Delicious catered lunch daily plus tons of snacks and beverages
- The opportunity to work on high-impact software and programs that are already defining the future of education
- Great location: walking distance to Caltrain and downtown Mountain View
- Awesome team events and weekly board game nights
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- Oh, and we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of age, race, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, disability, or veteran status.