School Partnerships Program Manager
at Khan Academy
Delhi or Bangalore, India
Khan Academy is a fast-paced, nonprofit startup on a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. We already reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly. For our schools team in India, we are looking for an entrepreneurial individual who can help us create and deploy a partnership program that helps Khan Academy scale up it’s reach and impact with no increase our own headcount. This will principally include crafting programs to help Khan Academy plug it's offerings into existing education systems integrator driven ecosystems as well as programs to train hundreds of partners and teachers across India in the use of Khan Academy’s incredibly versatile teaching resources.
- Create an implementation partner program and manage relationships with those partners.
- Create a partner delivered program to mass-educate teachers, principals and school IT managers on implementing Khan Academy in their classrooms.
- Manage relationships with diverse stakeholders, especially within large national public school systems.
- Program manage a part or all of related vital initiatives (such as a CRM system deployment, high profile events, national campaigns).
- Liaise as necessary on behalf of Khan Academy India with our many teams in other geographies.
- Manage experimental/ entrepreneurial initiatives to improve the experience of users on Khan Academy.
- 30-50% travel estimated (seasonal).
- A Bachelors or post-graduate degree
- 6 years or more experience in formal / informal K12 school education, either working in schools, non profits, edtech firms or in the tutoring industry. Experience forging partnership ecosystems from scratch would be a huge plus.
- An entrepreneurial mindset, including a high tolerance for ambiguity, a penchant for experimentation, and a bias toward action. Some startup experience would be a plus.
- You’re a problem solver by nature; you’re comfortable finding implementable solutions and moving quickly in a fast-paced process
- Outstanding communication skills. Ability to communicate concisely and persuasively in multiple format, including email, written documents, digital presentations, and verbal conversations.
- Highly analytical with strong problem-solving skills. Comfortable & skilled at working with large volumes of data, identifying trends, and drawing evidence-based conclusions. Equally comfortable analysing qualitative customer insights and adjusting partnership plans and product feedback accordingly.
- Systems thinking. Ability to analyse and understand schools as complex systems and to apply that same type of systems thinking to our own partnerships team as we seek to continuously improve the way we operate.
- Exceptional project management & organisational skills with strong attention to detail.
- You’re invigorated by the possibility of helping provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere
- Attach your resume below
- Instead of a cover letter, please answer the following prompt in the space provided below, in under 400 words. We prize brevity, so please try to be as specific as possible.
- Based on your knowledge and experience of the Indian education landscape, please help us visualise what you would do in this position to help Khan Academy grow.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.